The Student Room Group

clearing at results day time

i’ve been preparing for the worst case scenario (not getting the grades i need and having to go through clearing) and getting stuff ready before the day, but what time is the best time to phone universities for clearing? i know i’m going to need to go to school to get my grades on paper but i’m just scared if i don’t get them as soon as possible that will put me in a super long queue for clearing when i call them later since i know others will be going through that too.
Clearing lines open around 8, half eight. They are typically busy for the first day but very few courses start closing straight away as it’s not possible to ‘pick’ a clearing choice on Hub until 1pm. So unis won’t really know how many clearing places have been accepted until the afternoon.
Original post by mygtrbl
i’ve been preparing for the worst case scenario (not getting the grades i need and having to go through clearing) and getting stuff ready before the day, but what time is the best time to phone universities for clearing? i know i’m going to need to go to school to get my grades on paper but i’m just scared if i don’t get them as soon as possible that will put me in a super long queue for clearing when i call them later since i know others will be going through that too.

Hi there @mygtrbl,

It's perfect natural to feel nervous coming up to results day. There may be other options available to if you end up going through clearing, it's always good to have a Plan B. Phone lines usually open from 8am on Thursday 17 August, the lines will be busier in the morning. Once you have received your results I would call the universities as soon as you can but please try not to worry you will get through to speak to someone who will help you.

Wishing you all the best, :smile:
Sarah

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending