The Student Room Group

Please help me! I need to apply to medicine

In my AS i got :
A- english lit
B- maths
C- chemistry
C- biology
These are crap i know, but i REALLY want to get into medicine, how is this possible? please tell me, any options available to me ill take it!

Please tell me if there are any foundation courses and if you have done them, also even if it means getting out of the country, i will do anything. just please provide me with some options.
Original post by papajani1234
In my AS i got :
A- english lit
B- maths
C- chemistry
C- biology
These are crap i know, but i REALLY want to get into medicine, how is this possible? please tell me, any options available to me ill take it!

Please tell me if there are any foundation courses and if you have done them, also even if it means getting out of the country, i will do anything. just please provide me with some options.

Still possible.

a) get AAA and apply with your grades. Jus work really hard
b) apply to foundation courses -> info here ->http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Medical_School_Foundation_and_Widening_Access_to_Medicine_Programs
c) apply to post grad down the line
d) go abroad

I would go with plan A and B first, with careful research. C and D last.

Edit: Updated the link
(edited 7 years ago)
ethiopia?
In my AS i got :
A- english lit
B- maths
C- chemistry
C- biology

Ok dont panic, from these results you could get predictions of A*ABB, which isnt horrendous but considering the Bs would both be in biology and chemistry I dont think realistically you will competitive for 2017 entry.
One option is to focus on pulling those grades up during A2 and then applying with achieved A2 grades during a gap year. this can be beneficial for many reasons!
Other options include looking at studying abroad where they have lower entry requirements or looking to see if your eligible for foundation programmes.
Reply 4
My predicted may be going from a C to an A in bio/ chem my teachers said they will push it as high up as possible.

Even then, would i stand a chance?
My predicted may be going from a C to an A in bio/ chem my teachers said they will push it as high up as possible.

Even then, would i stand a chance?

AAA predicted is what you need to include bio or chem if you get that then your fine!
Reply 6
Original post by Natalierm2707
AAA predicted is what you need to include bio or chem if you get that then your fine!

thank you, that gave me a bit of hope :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending