The Student Room Group

Cardiff University through clearing- Computer Science

Clearing worked for me. With ABC (Economics,Mathematics and Physics), King's College straight rejected me. I applied to Cardiff, Goldsmiths and Royal Holloway through clearing and received verbal offers from all.

Now, would Cardiff be a superior choice over the two other unis in terms of satisfaction and employment? I am looking into becoming a teacher but really unsure yet.

Or should I take a gap year to retake and aim higher like Bristol or Southampton?

Thanks for the help people :smile:
Original post by Watchmen98v2
Clearing worked for me. With ABC (Economics,Mathematics and Physics), King's College straight rejected me. I applied to Cardiff, Goldsmiths and Royal Holloway through clearing and received verbal offers from all.

Now, would Cardiff be a superior choice over the two other unis in terms of satisfaction and employment? I am looking into becoming a teacher but really unsure yet.

Or should I take a gap year to retake and aim higher like Bristol or Southampton?

Thanks for the help people :smile:

That's the drawback about Clearing, you don't have a huge amount of time to do research into courses, the uni, the city etc. Okay, prestige and rankings are important to some degree but you have to try think about where you'll be happy / satisfied. If you want to aim for somewhere arbitrarily 'better' (what's more important is whether you'll feel satisfied, because if you aren't then you won't do well and will have wasted time) then by all means, I would in that situation take a year out and do research into it.

And note that it's not just about the uni you go to but the skills you get, as well as experience.

Quick Reply

Latest