The Student Room Group

Urgent help Engineering to Radiography clearing

Hi I done a foundation year in engineering at Cardiff university. I did like engineering but I was rather pushed by family. I didn’t like it and did pass it but I want to study radiography. I am planning to apply through clearing this summer. I don’t have a level maths or any science based a levels. Would the foundation year in engineering with high passes be sufficient to replace that.
Reply 1
bump
Reply 2
Bump :smile:
Original post by Raymon157
Hi I done a foundation year in engineering at Cardiff university. I did like engineering but I was rather pushed by family. I didn’t like it and did pass it but I want to study radiography. I am planning to apply through clearing this summer. I don’t have a level maths or any science based a levels. Would the foundation year in engineering with high passes be sufficient to replace that.

You will need to contact the unis you are interested in and ask so that they can look at what you have covered on your foundation year. If it's not possible, some unis offer foundation years for diagnostic radiography courses.
Reply 4
Thanks I’ll look into it
Original post by Raymon157

As Normaw says, check the specific requirements for the courses you're looking at, but remember you're going through clearing, its intended for those students who haven't met the entry requirements!

Note that clearing offers for diagnostic radiography may be limited, there are usually a lot more slots available for therapeutic radiography (because no-one knows about us :frown: ).
Reply 6
Okay thanks for the reply. I’ll definitely check out both diagnostic as well as therapeutic radiography.
Reply 7
Original post by HellomynameisNev
As Normaw says, check the specific requirements for the courses you're looking at, but remember you're going through clearing, its intended for those students who haven't met the entry requirements!

Note that clearing offers for diagnostic radiography may be limited, there are usually a lot more slots available for therapeutic radiography (because no-one knows about us :frown: ).

Cardiff is sometimes quite strict and w radiography they say they want at least one sciencey subject, in your case I hope they are lenient for you and they are enough spaces available

Quick Reply

Latest