The Student Room Group
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website

University of Leicester Computer Science, how difficult is it?

Hello. Considering multiple universities for clearing and Leicester is one of them. I want to do Computer Science but I believe I am at a disadvantage due to not having done A-Level Mathematics and luckily Leicester offers a course without needing it.

I know that the University of Nottingham also offers a course without A-Level Mathematics but from what I've heard the course is quite difficult and that even Further Maths students had struggled. I assume all universities have computer science at similar levels since the modules are usually very similar.

Any Computer Science students at Leicester able to tell me their thoughts and opinions on the course? Thank you!
Original post by Anonymous
Hello. Considering multiple universities for clearing and Leicester is one of them. I want to do Computer Science but I believe I am at a disadvantage due to not having done A-Level Mathematics and luckily Leicester offers a course without needing it.

I know that the University of Nottingham also offers a course without A-Level Mathematics but from what I've heard the course is quite difficult and that even Further Maths students had struggled. I assume all universities have computer science at similar levels since the modules are usually very similar.

Any Computer Science students at Leicester able to tell me their thoughts and opinions on the course? Thank you!

Hello there!

So happy to hear that you are considering Computer Science at University of Leicester for clearing! Looking forward to you joining the University of Leicester family! :biggrin:

I just wanted to provide a tip on joining our Unibuddy Community, where you can meet students like yourself who will be starting in September or our current students who are already studying Computer Science at our University. You can sign up from this link and start chatting to students: https://community.unibuddy.co/invite/63fe744f574b0947144fe5a9

Any questions let us know! :smile:

- Shahla (Student Recruitment Assistant)
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by University of Leicester
Hello there!

So happy to hear that you are considering Computer Science at University of Leicester for clearing! Looking forward to you joining the University of Leicester family! :biggrin:

I just wanted to provide a tip on joining our Unibuddy Community, where you can meet students like yourself who will be starting in September or our current students who are already studying Computer Science at our University. You can sign up from this link and start chatting to students: https://community.unibuddy.co/invite/63fe744f574b0947144fe5a9

Any questions let us know! :smile:

I currently hold a conditional offer from you guys and if I get rejected, can I still re apply for the same course through clearing?
Original post by jmacademic1
I currently hold a conditional offer from you guys and if I get rejected, can I still re apply for the same course through clearing?

Hello!

Thank you for your question!

If you get rejected from a course you have a conditional offer for, you unfortunately cannot apply for the same course through clearing (as you haven't met the grade requirements and therefore been rejected). However, you can still apply to University of Leicester, to another course with a lower grade boundary.

The Clearing line for Leicester is 0116 373 6000, don't hesitate to give us a call if you have any further questions!

Reply 4
Thanks, i got in so I’m happy. However since I’m doing a foundation year, will I not be able to do freshers with my age mates (the first years) ect
Original post by jmacademic1
Thanks, i got in so I’m happy. However since I’m doing a foundation year, will I not be able to do freshers with my age mates (the first years) ect

Hi @jmacademic1,

Congratulations on your offer! As you are a University of Leicester student of course you can participate in freshers! You can even participate in Freshers events in all of your years at University.

We look forward to meeting you in September! Anything else let us know:biggrin:

-Anna (UK Student Recruitment Co-Ordinator)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending