The Student Room Group

chemical engineering degree advice please!!

Hi all,I got my a level results yesterday and got BBB in biology, maths and chemistry. I had previously a C in AS physics. I took resits alongside my A2 exams and they went brilliantly but I think they had a detrimental effect on my A2 exams. I'm planning to take a gap year and apply for 2017 entry for chemical engineering. Do you think that chemical engineering could still be a realistic option if I took a few resits in my gap year or should I give it up altogether?
Original post by Sammy9898
Hi all,I got my a level results yesterday and got BBB in biology, maths and chemistry. I had previously a C in AS physics. I took resits alongside my A2 exams and they went brilliantly but I think they had a detrimental effect on my A2 exams. I'm planning to take a gap year and apply for 2017 entry for chemical engineering. Do you think that chemical engineering could still be a realistic option if I took a few resits in my gap year or should I give it up altogether?

I retook A2s with ABC and got into Birmingham University with AAB which was still way of the new offer of AAA. So go for it!
Reply 2
Original post by alexjones1994
I retook A2s with ABC and got into Birmingham University with AAB which was still way of the new offer of AAA. So go for it!

Wow, that's amazing! Thanks for your advice. I think i will go for it then. Just wanna hear a few more of people's experiences to be 100% sure still :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest