The Student Room Group

What is the most horrific thing to happen to you in your life?

Mine is the bullying from hell I suffered every day for 5 years :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Last time I went on a plane it hit the jet stream of a 747 and started to fall, tilting both ways before the pilots righted it. No comparison to being bullied (that's so terrible :0) but I can still feel the falling sensation sometimes...
Original post by neriine
Last time I went on a plane it hit the jet stream of a 747 and started to fall, tilting both ways before the pilots righted it. No comparison to being bullied (that's so terrible :0) but I can still feel the falling sensation sometimes...

Omg that's terrible! Really scary to imagine that happening on a plane :frown:. And thanks for your concern.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by davidguettafan
Omg that's terrible! Really scary to imagine that happening on a plane :frown:. And thanks for your concern.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It was super, super rare - neither the flight attendants nor the pilots had ever experienced anything like it before, and some of them had been working in commercial airlines for 18 years. If it were more common I wouldn't be flying very much ever again!!
Bullying is so awful, and it can ruin so much. I hope things are looking up more for you now :smile:

Spoiler

Says the PhD student? :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by neriine
It was super, super rare - neither the flight attendants nor the pilots had ever experienced anything like it before, and some of them had been working in commercial airlines for 18 years. If it were more common I wouldn't be flying very much ever again!!
Bullying is so awful, and it can ruin so much. I hope things are looking up more for you now :smile:

Thank you, things are better now I'm not at school but I still have the consequences and bad memories to live with.

What airline was it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7

What airline was it?

It was Lufthansa, who apparently don't experience many incidents of things going wrong!
Ah ok cool. What do you want to study?

Posted from TSR Mobile
When I was a 1.5 years old I pulled a pan of oil off the stove and now I have many scars from it. The two main ones are the one on my back that goes from my left shoulder to the top of the lower back, and the other is the one that wraps my thigh where they did the skin graft. I had to wear a latex suit thing for 18months after it happened so my skin didn't fall off.
How did I know this was going to be about you being bullied....
Original post by Shipreck
When I was a 1.5 years old I pulled a pan of oil off the stove and now I have many scars from it. The two main ones are the one on my back that goes from my left shoulder to the top of the lower back, and the other is the one that wraps my thigh where they did the skin graft. I had to wear a latex suit thing for 18months after it happened so my skin didn't fall off.

That must be terrible to have those scars, sorry to hear that :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Two things spring to mind. When my son who was then 7 years old and his father were involved in a car crash. His dad was driving an automatic and instead of braking ,he accelerated into a wall at 50 MPH. The impact of the collision ,caused a "seat belt injury", meaning the seat belt my son was wearing snapped my son's collarbone in two. I saw the X Ray. It was horrific. Then fast forward three years, and I walked into my son's father's house [we didn't live together] to check he was OK and found him lay face down on top of the bed ,stone cold dead. By the look and feel of him he had been dead for some time.
A little accident I fell from a horse and got a vertebra broken and 3 touched (but not broken) it was PAINFUL took me +1 year to recover, ~70h of physio and loaaads of medicine xD
but the worst was because I was in the mountains and I thought I'd fall into the ravine :/ I escaped death that day :eek:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by markova21
Two things spring to mind. When my son who was then 7 years old and his father were involved in a car crash. His dad was driving an automatic and instead of braking ,he accelerated into a wall at 50 MPH. The impact of the collision ,caused a "seat belt injury", meaning the seat belt my son was wearing snapped my son's collarbone in two. I saw the X Ray. It was horrific. Then fast forward three years, and I walked into my son's father's house [we didn't live together] to check he was OK and found him lay face down on top of the bed ,stone cold dead. By the look and feel of him he had been dead for some time.

That's terrible :frown:. If you don't mind me asking, what happened to cause his death?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by FrenchUnicorn
A little accident I feel from a horse and got a vertebra broken and 3 touched (but not broken) it was PAINFUL took me +1 year to recover, ~70h of physio and loaaads of medicine xD
but the worst was because I was in the mountains and I thought I'd fall into the ravine :/ I escaped death that day :eek:

You're so lucky!

Posted from TSR Mobile
You're so lucky!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am :/ so happy I went through it ! I'm totally healed today btw and I can walk ! :woo:

Sorry you got bullied btw :/ some people are just very stupid :sad:
Reply 17
I went on /b/

DON'T DO IT
This guy made a really sweet connection on the tennis ball with a rounders bat and it zoomed straight in to my *******s at an insane velocity. It was one of those were you don't feel anything for 3 seconds, then I was on the ground in pain for about 5 minutes.
Getting an A in history and French GCSE instead of an A*

Quick Reply

Latest