The Student Room Group

How to increase student overdraft ?????

I start university in September. I applied for £300 overdraft by accident instead of £500 as £500 is the maximum limit for first term.

I've spent £200 on my rent deposit. So, how much do I put for increasing? Do I put £200 as I already have £300 of the maximum limit or do I put £500? I'm with Natwest.
(edited 7 years ago)
Just contact them. It should be a problem. I noted th Nat West overdraft limit is pretty low.

http://personal.natwest.com/personal/current-accounts/overdrafts/student-overdraft-apply.html
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
Just contact them. It should be a problem. I noted th Nat West overdraft limit is pretty low.

http://personal.natwest.com/personal/current-accounts/overdrafts/student-overdraft-apply.html

I know how to increase it I just don't know if I have to increase the overdraft to £500 or whether I have to put £200 as I already have £300 (if that makes sense)
Original post by Emmasmith90
I know how to increase it I just don't know if I have to increase the overdraft to £500 or whether I have to put £200 as I already have £300 (if that makes sense)

Your are increasing it BY £200 to £500. It should be apparent the words they require from the form or speaking to them, just double check.
Original post by Emmasmith90

Your are increasing it BY £200 to £500. It should be apparent the words they require from the form or speaking to them, just double check.

I'm just surprised how low the o/d is. I used to think they were all the same.
Original post by 999tigger

I'm just surprised how low the o/d is. I used to think they were all the same.

natwest goes up each term, so term 1 is 500, term 2 is 1000, term 3 is 1500 and at one point you could get 2000 in second year but I don't know the current limit
Original post by doodle_333
natwest goes up each term, so term 1 is 500, term 2 is 1000, term 3 is 1500 and at one point you could get 2000 in second year but I don't know the current limit

Ok thought it was a bit low. id rather have it all at once so I have the flexibility and cna manage it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending