The Student Room Group

Is there any point in doing A-level Law if I don't want to do Law at university?

Title :redface:
Reply 1
Original post by trabajadora

In my opinion, I would say no.
It's not a facilitating subject.
A lot of universities don't like the A Level - even if the degree course is Law.
It's not seen as academically rigorous.

However, what other A Levels are you considering? Law may complement them. :smile:
Original post by trabajadora

Unless you've done law for GCSE and know that you can get a great mark at A-Level I wouldn't bother. A number of unis say that law doesn't even aid an application for a law degree let alone another type of degree. You would be better off picking a subject that you have experience with and are sure that you can secure high marks in.
Reply 3
Original post by AshEntropy
In my opinion, I would say no.
It's not a facilitating subject.
A lot of universities don't like the A Level - even if the degree course is Law.
It's not seen as academically rigorous.

However, what other A Levels are you considering? Law may complement them. :smile:

I'm doing Spanish and French and I'm guessing that Law wouldn't complement them at all :redface:

I just have no idea what to do as I'm just so fussy when it comes to subjects :rolleyes:
I would tell people who want to study law at uni not to bother doing the A-level, so I suppose that applies equally if not more to someone who doesn't...
Law A level isn't something that's regarded that highly by universities. You'd be much better of doing a traditional humanity a level eg history, English
Reply 6
Law is not a well regarded a level to be honest. I'd recommend economics, well regarded a level and not too tricky.

Quick Reply

Latest