The Student Room Group

Tax help?

So I currently have 3 part time jobs (2 casual, 1 contracted)

The contracted one is paid 4 weekly and the pay cut off is the Saturday before (We get paid on the friday). So if the pay cut off is the 24th i'll get paid on the 30th.

The casual work works differently. Everything that I do before the 5th of the month goes in at the end of that month. So the pay for this months is between 5th August and 5th September going in at the end of September.

Here's my issue. I'm currently doing loads of hours for the casual one (currently on 115 hours for the month) which will all go in at the end of September. However throughout September I'll be doing overtime at my contracted job which also goes in at the end of September.. So because i'm going to be earning about a thousand from each job (Keep in mind the casual one is the work i'm doing now and the next paycheck from the contracted job will reflect the lower hours) am I going to be taxed twice? I know I can claim it back but if i'm paying two lots of tax and national insurance then that just sucks.
Original post by Jackieox
So I currently have 3 part time jobs (2 casual, 1 contracted)

The contracted one is paid 4 weekly and the pay cut off is the Saturday before (We get paid on the friday). So if the pay cut off is the 24th i'll get paid on the 30th.

The casual work works differently. Everything that I do before the 5th of the month goes in at the end of that month. So the pay for this months is between 5th August and 5th September going in at the end of September.

Here's my issue. I'm currently doing loads of hours for the casual one (currently on 115 hours for the month) which will all go in at the end of September. However throughout September I'll be doing overtime at my contracted job which also goes in at the end of September.. So because i'm going to be earning about a thousand from each job (Keep in mind the casual one is the work i'm doing now and the next paycheck from the contracted job will reflect the lower hours) am I going to be taxed twice? I know I can claim it back but if i'm paying two lots of tax and national insurance then that just sucks.

You cant do much until you see what you get taxed. But yeah, then phone them up straight away and you will get it all back.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending