The Student Room Group
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website

Any Asians studying at BCU City Centre Campus Parkside building?

I haven't met any of the students yet who will be on the same course as me. I hope I am not the only Asian there otherwise it will be awkward.

(Yes I did make a couple of threads like this since september incase anyone's noticed but I am really nervous about joining university. What if there are all white people in my class, are they going to bully me? I really am not looking forward to meeting them and am thinking about withdrawing from the course and I haven't even started it. I'm really worried about not fitting in with the other students. I'm worried they'll take one look at me and ask themselves 'what is her type doing on this course?)
Reply 1
I can almost guarantee that you wont be the only one,
things vary by course but there are more Asian people per head of population in Birmingham than pretty much anywhere else in the country
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website
Hi Samzy, please don't be worried about starting in September we're really looking forward to having you here! We have a very varied student population here, you definitely won't feel alone! However, if you'd like to talk these worries through with us please send us a private message on Facebook or Twitter and we can give you some contact details of someone who can hopefully ease your worries!

You're going to have an amazing time here at BCU :smile: Jo - from BCU

Original post by samzy21
I haven't met any of the students yet who will be on the same course as me. I hope I am not the only Asian there otherwise it will be awkward.

(Yes I did make a couple of threads like this since september incase anyone's noticed but I am really nervous about joining university. What if there are all white people in my class, are they going to bully me? I really am not looking forward to meeting them and am thinking about withdrawing from the course and I haven't even started it. I'm really worried about not fitting in with the other students. I'm worried they'll take one look at me and ask themselves 'what is her type doing on this course?)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending