The Student Room Group

Uni and 4 A level question.

Hey,

Im doing a gap year and looking to apply to uni through ucas with 3 a level grades already achieved, but also looking to do an extra a level. I did pretty bad in one subject and got as D, do you think this will be a hindrance to my application? I really hate the subject, so would prefer to just leave the grade how it is. Do you think unis will disregard the grade and just look at my 3 best grades?
Original post by Anonymous557
Hey,

Im doing a gap year and looking to apply to uni through ucas with 3 a level grades already achieved, but also looking to do an extra a level. I did pretty bad in one subject and got as D, do you think this will be a hindrance to my application? I really hate the subject, so would prefer to just leave the grade how it is. Do you think unis will disregard the grade and just look at my 3 best grades?

depends how relevant it is to your course
Original post by RomeoSantos
depends how relevant it is to your course

D was in Biology, hoping to do Maths. :/ Got A* in Maths
D was in Biology, hoping to do Maths. :/ Got A* in Maths

and the other grade and subject?
and the other grade and subject?

oh sorry, the other one was C in history.. pretty irrelevant subject right? :biggrin:
oh sorry, the other one was C in history.. pretty irrelevant subject right? :biggrin:

yeah they'll probably ignore the biology if you do well in another fourth A level but you maybe should resit history and get at least a B because with A* in maths you want to be doing maths at a russell group uni which will want ABB minimum probably AAB.
yeah they'll probably ignore the biology if you do well in another fourth A level but you maybe should resit history and get at least a B because with A* in maths you want to be doing maths at a russell group uni which will want ABB minimum probably AAB.

Ive sent one history exam off for a remark, i need to go up about 3 raw marks, which im praying will work out for me! Coz idk how I couldve done better in that history exam tbh. Yeah, Im hoping to get an A in the fourth A-level. Im hoping the A* just proves that I have potential.. :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending