The Student Room Group

Thinking of Chemistry resit but there's the new A Level system now...?

So I was thinking of taking a gap year and resisting chemsitry (AQA) but I've realised that the A level System has changed. Does that mean I can't resit? Or do I have to do the new system that's done over two years?

Please help me...
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Fox Corner so she can move the thread if needed :h:

Spoiler

Original post by Milkbottle64
So I was thinking of taking a gap year and resisting chemsitry (AQA) but I've realised that the A level System has changed. Does that mean I can't resit? Or do I have to do the new system that's done over two years?

Please help me...

The examiners are setting AS and A2 papers so you can retake any exam in the old specification providing you can find a school or college willing to accept you as a private candidate. Summer 2017 will be your only chance to do so. Try asking your school exams office first. If they won't then you will need to search for somewhere that will.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I was concerned about my psychology exam as this was what i wanted to study at Uni and if i didnt get a B i would need to resit and i was very nervous about doing so as everything has now changed with the 2 year system as you said. My teachers at college told me that most exam boards have 'Legacy' papers which exist after the examination changes for syllabuses and things like this big change within college. For this reason I would have to believe that your exam board would have 1-2 years worth of legacy papers that you could sit to get a better grade which focus on the same modules you learned in your A level studies. I cannot imagine you will be forced to resit a whole two years for one subject.

Quick Reply

Latest