The Student Room Group

Chemistry or Biology?

I've recently received my GCSE results and I am yet to decide whether to study chemistry or biology at A-level. I received A*'s at GCSE for both however I understand that the difficult of these subjects at A-level is extremely high so I would prefer to only study one. I don't know what to do!
Physics.
Reply 2
Original post by LDS16
I'm studying both haha. Have you got a particular career goal in mind?

How are you finding it?! No, I don't at the moment :frown:
Reply 3
Original post by abcharlize
I've recently received my GCSE results and I am yet to decide whether to study chemistry or biology at A-level. I received A*'s at GCSE for both however I understand that the difficult of these subjects at A-level is extremely high so I would prefer to only study one. I don't know what to do!

Biology is a very greedy subject, requires a lot of time, but is deeply interesting. Chemistry is tough but extremely rewarding. If you can't choose both, I'd recommend chemistry, it's more versatile
Reply 4
Original post by money-for-all
Physics.

Lol why u so funny

Posted from TSR Mobile
I love Chemistry a lot! I feel like Biology is just the case of memory and it gets quite boring after a while. I would recommend you do Chemistry. :h: Good luck.
Reply 6
I study both and enjoy both subjects- I would say biology is not as hard however there is a lot to learn so you need to dedicate a lot of time to biology revision. Chemistry on the other hand is more complicated, and can be harder to understand to begin with.
Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by abcharlize

I was told you need to take two sciences or none at all because that's what all the private schools near me do and I guess they're the competition in the future. I think a lot more uni courses are available to you if you take both. I'm taking both, but it depends if you think you can do both. A* in both sounds like you can do it to me.
Reply 8
Original post by LiiHyde
I was told you need to take two sciences or none at all because that's what all the private schools near me do and I guess they're the competition in the future. I think a lot more uni courses are available to you if you take both. I'm taking both, but it depends if you think you can do both. A* in both sounds like you can do it to me.

You should only take two sciences if you want to pursue a career in science. If you're just doing it as an extra subject or because you enjoy it then one is enough
Reply 9
What other subjects are you doing because I'd recommend doing both as they really go hand in hand with each other.

I only do Bio and my major regret is not doing Chem because I changed my mind about doing a law degree to wanting to do Biomed and my bio teacher said I might struggle now.

Bio isn't that much of a jump imo but I have found it all easy and got an A in AS so I'd say do bio but really you should do both

Quick Reply

Latest