The Student Room Group

Question to Cambridge/Oxford Students

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Poooky
Don't doss about in the vac, do your work when you get it not the night/hour before its due!

Because there is such a high workload at Oxbridge, do you sometimes wish you were at another top uni with a lower workload?
Original post by ilovegoats
Because there is such a high workload at Oxbridge, do you sometimes wish you were at another top uni with a lower workload?

Many do, many time, at some stage of their life there.
Reply 22

Lol no, would be boring.
Reply 23

No, I love the Cam lifestyle too much :biggrin:, and have by now worked out how to manage the workload fairly well. 2nd year chemeng is a bit less work than 1st year natsci (thankfully!), but I was awful at managing work in first year.

I'd tell myself to start work earlier than the night before it's due, and do less orchestra stuff to have the time for that to be possible. Then I wouldn't have to do problem sheets throughout the night, and could sleep sensible amounts. I'd not spend hours stuck on a question, just leave it for the supervision. I'd read through the lecture notes in advance and again after the lecture (but again I doubt I would have had the time for this in 1st year). Make the most of the Christmas vacation to learn Michaelmas work. Start revision as early as possible. Sorry that's more than one thing...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending