A
B
B
B
B
C
C

I had extenuating circumstances throughout my GCSE'S

I am going on to study Biology chemistry History and Economics/Maths for A-levels

what are my chances of getting accepted into ANY medical school if i get amazing A-levels and smash the UKCAT/BMAT
Hi, if you get good A-levels and smash UKCAT/BMAT you have a really good shot it's just about where you apply.
Also, what did you get for english language, maths and science? Those are the ones they look at for minimum entry requirements mostly and most expect a minimum grade B in english language.
I would avoid GCSE heavy med schools such as Cardiff, Birmingham, Oxford, QUB, Nottingham, Leicester
You really have a shot though, some places don't care about GCSEs, like Newcastle, if you meet the minimum requirements select for interview purely on UKCAT score :smile:

(also you could possibly resit or explain to med schools about extenuating circumstances if you're really worried)
Original post by Irukandji5
Hi, if you get good A-levels and smash UKCAT/BMAT you have a really good shot it's just about where you apply.
Also, what did you get for english language, maths and science? Those are the ones they look at for minimum entry requirements mostly and most expect a minimum grade B in english language.
I would avoid GCSE heavy med schools such as Cardiff, Birmingham, Oxford, QUB, Nottingham, Leicester
You really have a shot though, some places don't care about GCSEs, like Newcastle, if you meet the minimum requirements select for interview purely on UKCAT score :smile:

(also you could possibly resit or explain to med schools about extenuating circumstances if you're really worried)

Hey, for english language:B
maths:B
Chemistry:B
Biology:A*
Physics:C

Bearing in mind i had extenuating circumstances with these grades
Original post by Irukandji5

Could you possibly list me some other non-gcse heavy med schools
Original post by maths_geek234
Could you possibly list me some other non-gcse heavy med schools

Original post by maths_geek234
Hey, for english language:B
maths:B
Chemistry:B
Biology:A*
Physics:C

Bearing in mind i had extenuating circumstances with these grades

Hi :smile:

Those grades are good, it would be physics I would watch out for. But, you have extenuating circumstances so you can resit/ email med schools etc...
As for non-heavy GCSE med schools these links may help:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=15897-medical-school-gcse-requirements
https://www.themedicportal.com/application-guide/choosing-a-medical-school/comparisontool/

Ones I know off the top of my head are: Newcastle, Sheffield, Aberdeen, BSMS, Barts and the London and possibly Plymouth.
Also bear in mind some like Notingham and Leicester have a combined point system for GCSEs and UKCAT so if you a very strong UKCAT that can make up for it :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending