The Student Room Group

Best game you've played since you started gaming?

Scroll to see replies

I would say Overwatch now if there were not the following:

A lack of maps (obviously its new but some maps are just annoying to see again and again), looking forward to the new map.
The amount of idiots on the game, a lot of solo queue matches you will be put with idiots and quite frankly the vast amount of these people in a heavily team based game can really ruin it.
Original post by Vikingninja
I would say Overwatch now if there were not the following:

What are the controls like? Is it reasonably fast and fluid? I've seen gameplay, but I've been put off by sheer size of the weapons taking up the screen.
Original post by Fango_Jett
What are the controls like? Is it reasonably fast and fluid? I've seen gameplay, but I've been put off by sheer size of the weapons taking up the screen.

Are you talking about getting it on console because I have it on PC?

The controls actually feel very good, one of the best multiplayer shooters I've ever played, you wouldn't think this was Blizzard's first shooter. I highly recommend it :biggrin:

My favourite game would either have to be Borderlands 2, or Far Cry 3. I used to love Spyro on the PS1 and Mario Kart Double Dash on the GameCube :tongue:
Original post by Simsllama
The Sims 2! I still play that game and I post about it in my tumblr blog. Anyone here plays the sims?

I LOVE the sims, especially 2! In fact I just played it a couple hours ago lol :tongue:
Just finished Persona 4 last week. Best game I've played this year.
LOTR online OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
The Sims 3, with the exception of when it crashed for absolutely no reason. I still prefer it to The Sims 4 just because of the open-world dynamic; that added so much and I can't understand why they took it away! (goes to a corner for a little cry :colondollar:)
snake on nokia brick.
I absolutely loved New Vegas to death, and it's so disappointing to see the steaming pile of crap that Fallout 4 is. New Vegas has to be either my first or second favorite game ever.

Bethesda took everything that Obsidian did well with New Vegas, and Interplay/Black Isle did with 1 and 2 and just flushed it down the drain with Fallout 3 and 4.

Why they even bother to try and market their games as RPGs and not as action games instead is beyond me.
(edited 7 years ago)
Dota 2
I absolutely loved New Vegas to death, and it's so disappointing to see the steaming pile of crap that Fallout 4 is. New Vegas has to be either my first or second favorite game ever.

Bethesda took everything that Obsidian did well with New Vegas, and Interplay/Black Isle did with 1 and 2 and just flushed it down the drain with Fallout 3 and 4.

Why they even bother to try and market their games as RPGs and not as action games instead is beyond me.

Lol I was reading this and legit thought for a second I had posted it and just forgot, couldn't agree more lol.

Although I like fallout 3 more than you do (but hate 4 with a passion).
Original post by CaiusMartius

Although I like fallout 3 more than you do (but hate 4 with a passion).

Why? It's literally a shooter with a few RPG elements thrown in. The characters were just so bland and unmemorable and half the lore just didn't make sense.

There are literally 2 endings.

Todd Howard and his lies like 'Fallout 3 will have 200 endings' have been enough for me.

Honestly, Todd Howard is just such a crappy game director. He made one good game (Morrowind) and then decided to just devolve everything from there.

Bethesda should just leave Fallout alone, and let a competent group like Obsidian have free reign.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 253
Is anyone here a fan of RPG Horror games? (・Д・)ノ
Just too many to choose from. EVE is just epic, portal was wonderfully written, team fortress is hilarious, battlefield had some brilliant moments, ranked doubles in StarCraft at uni was a good laugh with my flatmates, mortars in tribes could entertain me no end, but then there's the nostalgia of the original pokemon and mario games and stuff like lode runner and doom 95.
The Last Of Us, Fallout 3/New Vegas, Skyrim
Original post by hektik
The Last of Us is the best I've ever played, it's a great game in terms of action and gameplay but what makes the game so brilliant is the story, it's really quite emotional and engaging.

Same here. I agree the gameplay, the sceneries, the story, the various emotions and the engaging nature of the game, has lead not just me and you, but various other gamers/reviewers to declare it being one of the best games they've ever played. It's one of the few games I know that has overwhelmingly positive (5-star) reviews from almost every reviewer. It was thrilling and the ending was very thought provoking.

I'm curious if they'll produce a film out of 'The last of us' or a sequel - if they do, I'm not sure if it could live up to the inimitable nature of the first game.

(On another note: Naughty Dog made another hit with 'Uncharted 4')
I am still in love with Hearthstone.
Original post by PugDevil
This is a bit of a nostalgia thread, but the question is simple. Since you have been gaming what is the best/most memorable game that you have played? If you have more than one then do mention more!

The best games:
The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time
Paper Mario
Tales of Symphonia
Metal Gear
Chrono Trigger

My favourite developer is Nintendo.

Trust me, the games I listed are some of the best. They're actually games with meaning - if you told an employer you played these, they would hire you immediately.
The game I always go back to is Binding of Isaac Rebirth. I used to be awful but after hundreds of hours playing I am decent which I guess gives me a bit of pride:u:

Quick Reply

Latest