The Student Room Group
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website

Uni commute

I'll be commuting from Windsor to city university (Angel station) as I'm going to be studying psychology at city uni London. I've heard that a monthly travel card is the cheapest way to travel, however do you guys know any other ways? Also the 18+ oyster, how do you get the admission number that you need when applying? I have a 16-25 railcard, is it any good??
Reply 1
For my first year I commuted from zone 5 into zone 1 using my 18+ oyster. I got a monthly travel card for £150 as you get 30% discount on it. I just applied for the oyster by putting in my uni dates etc and then I got an email saying my uni confirmed it and some time later I received my oyster

Posted from TSR Mobile
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by r-t
For my first year I commuted from zone 5 into zone 1 using my 18+ oyster. I got a monthly travel card for £150 as you get 30% discount on it. I just applied for the oyster by putting in my uni dates etc and then I got an email saying my uni confirmed it and some time later I received my oyster

Posted from TSR Mobile

I haven't registered yet as I'm going to be in my first year and haven't registered yet so will I have to wait? Also what are the uni dates? I start 19th September and end ??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by bioloves
I haven't registered yet as I'm going to be in my first year and haven't registered yet so will I have to wait? Also what are the uni dates? I start 19th September and end ??

Posted from TSR Mobile

If I remember correctly you should get your oyster soon after you register. Well I started round the end of Sep and finished around the 1st week of April because you don't go in once lessons are finished. I then had exams in May and haven't been in since but I will probably be starting back at a similar time to you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by r-t
If I remember correctly you should get your oyster soon after you register. Well I started round the end of Sep and finished around the 1st week of April because you don't go in once lessons are finished. I then had exams in May and haven't been in since but I will probably be starting back at a similar time to you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you think I should apply now even though I haven't registered yet and then wait to receive the card after I register ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Yeh that's what I did then I got an email like a week later saying my uni had approved it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending