The Student Room Group

Putin on Middle East - makes western look like idiots

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ckfeister
Western countries caused it. Who made ISIS? Who made democracy in middle east? USA; who ruined Libya, who used to have the highest standard of living in Middle East? Britain and France.

Have you suffered a head injury or have you always been devoid of rational thought?*
Original post by cbreef
Putin's a heartless b*****d. That's why they're making so much progress. They're dropping anything on anyone opposed to Assad. Killing scores of civilians every day.

They are called terrorists, maybe you support them, but I and Putin don't.
Putin is directly facilitating this perpetual conflict, he is obviously going to yell some anti-West criticism to make the thing even more chaotic.
Reply 24
I'm about to write my EPQ on a topic very similar to this - 'Did the west unleash fundamentalist islam? (Post 1900s)'. I can tell you from 100+ hours of research that we have created so much resentment towards the west that anyone with a brain cell could see this coming. I've read a book which is around 15 years old now, and it predicted most of the events we see today. Whether it be the coups in iran, the support for the mujahideen, supporting saudi arabia, SCC, Muslim Brotherhood support, sanctions on iraq (Which is more down to the UN to be honest) or the many invasions - we have fueled the fires of fundamentalism.
Are we the only reason for the rise of fundamentalist islam? No. Are we a major cause however? Yes.

But oh well, we're ruled by idiots with no understanding of a very complex region.
Original post by The_Opinion
They are called terrorists, maybe you support them, but I and Putin don't.

Such ignorance. Much wow. :colonhash:
Original post by cbreef
Such ignorance. Much wow. :colonhash:

You are against the bombing of terrorists, my comment is valid.
Original post by The_Opinion
You are against the bombing of terrorists, my comment is valid.

At no point did I say that, nor did I imply that. What I said was Russian air strikes are very indiscriminate. There has to be a point at which the civilian cost is just too great for the strike to be deemed worthwhile.
You can't just drop cluster bombs on places you're not sure about. This article was written in March, that tells you just how careless they are. Imagine what the death is toll now...

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/mar/15/russian-airstrikes-in-syria-killed-2000-civilians-in-six-months
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by KimKallstrom
Have you suffered a head injury or have you always been devoid of rational thought?*

Boom!! - Excuse the pun. :smile:
The Jewish agenda in the Middle East is simple. Push for regime change that destabilises Middle Eastern countries and in turn creates ethnic and religious genocides.

I'm sure over time we'll see this plan of Greater Israel come about.

All this ISIS terrorism, not once has Israel been attacked?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending