The Student Room Group
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website

Guarantor issues

Hi, my father agreed to be my guarantor for my accommodation however the email he received stated he needed a form of ID (passport, driver's license, national ID card). He has an invalid passport (expired) and we cannot find his driver's license/national id card. We have proof of the address but no id proof. The email said this has to be done in a weeks time and we only have 2 days left. Is there any other way to prove the ID? Maybe birth certificate? This is a real issue what can we do if we have no ID proof?
Reply 1
Phone them up and explain the situation and ask for an extension until you can get valid ID
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website
Original post by jozefm
Hi, my father agreed to be my guarantor for my accommodation however the email he received stated he needed a form of ID (passport, driver's license, national ID card). He has an invalid passport (expired) and we cannot find his driver's license/national id card. We have proof of the address but no id proof. The email said this has to be done in a weeks time and we only have 2 days left. Is there any other way to prove the ID? Maybe birth certificate? This is a real issue what can we do if we have no ID proof?

Perhaps he has a work place ID he can use that, check with the accommodation provider.

Quick Reply

Latest