The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Waveyalex
nah the high grade boundary caught me out,my skl are being difficult about me doing a level maths but ill prob convince them hopefully
Oh, that sucks :s-smilie: Don't worry, yeah, hopefully you will be able to convince them :smile:
It's really weird that there's people who have started but I still have a week until I officially do
Original post by hamza772000
Oh, that sucks :s-smilie: Don't worry, yeah, hopefully you will be able to convince them :smile:

doing compsci at uni so really need maths :frown:
doing compsci at uni so really need maths :frown:
Oh, ok, what A levels are you doing besides Maths? Which you will hopefully get to do :smile:
Oh, ok, what A levels are you doing besides Maths? Which you will hopefully get to do :smile:

politics and compsci,wats even worse b4 my year u could do maths with a B they only just raised it
politics and compsci,wats even worse b4 my year u could do maths with a B they only just raised it
H, I see :smile:

Yeah, I think that happened to the sixth form I'm going to as well, dw, hopefully you can convince them to let you do it :wink:
Original post by mxskaan
First day was pretty chill actually :h: only had 2 lessons, most of the day was chatting with friends, assemblies and introduction. Did get hwk but it shouldn't take more than 2 hours. I hope you have a nice day tomorrow :smile:

Oh that's good :smile: They sent me an email about what we are doing tomorrow and I only have 2 lessons and the rest are just assemblies and talking with tutors and stuff.
Thank you x
H, I see :smile:

Yeah, I think that happened to the sixth form I'm going to as well, dw, hopefully you can convince them to let you do it :wink:

what area of the country u from
what area of the country u from
West Yorkshire :smile:
West Yorkshire :smile:

oh kl
First morning as Year 12 turned out better than I thought! Unfortunately, we won't get our timetables until Wednesday :sigh:

Posted from TSR Mobile
first few days of sixth form have been a bit hectic (and challenging) but i think i'm getting into the rhythm. further maths is mad though, we got a problem sheet that's supposed to be easy and i got stuck on the second question :biggrin:
Original post by Mr...
This^^ It's a must:lol:

How are you?? :tongue:
Original post by Vanilla Cupcake
first few days of sixth form have been a bit hectic (and challenging) but i think i'm getting into the rhythm. further maths is mad though, we got a problem sheet that's supposed to be easy and i got stuck on the second question :biggrin:

I had to drop gcse further maths because the hardness of it was causing me stress, never mind what A-Level further maths would be like. Hats off to you for doing it!
Original post by Vanilla Cupcake

I hope you enjoy the rest of sixth form :smile: I'm starting tomorrow :h:
Add me to the Cambridge Medicine list! 🙌🙌🙌
Waguan.

Did CIE IGCSE.

Mathematics - A*
Additional Mathematics - A*
Chemistry - A*
Biology - A*
Physics A*
First Language English - A*
French - A*
ICT - A*

- Introduce yourself

Most of my friends call me Thirsty (because it rhymes with my surname, nasty minded reader :wink:). I am Half British Half Ghanaian. About 6"3 - 6"5 in height.

- What are your hobbies and interests?

I am an avid football fan (Hala Madrid!). I can script in Python (barely). I swim as well, play table tennis, skateboard, play basketball, play volleyball, rollerblade and do some other stuff. I love mathematics and it's applications as well as chemistry and physics.

- What subjects are you planning to take?

Mathematics
Further Maths
Chemistry
Physics
Might write STEP I this year.

- Your favourite subject(s)?

Probably Mathematics.

- Your ideal future occupation?

Here is a tough one. My parents want me to become a Chemical Engineer and I want to become a Mathematician, possibly branching into research or becoming an actuary.

My A Levels keep my choices open but let us see what will happen.

I am an Oxbridge hopeful (Cambridge, specifically Trinity C, all the way!)

Nice to meet you all :wink:

~Thirsty
(edited 7 years ago)
Hello I'm Caitlin :smile:

I'm planning on taking chemistry, French, biology and English literature with hopes of being a psychiatrist. These four were my favourite subjects in GCSE which is why I'm continuing them onto A level! :smile:
Reply 438
Original post by Starlight15
After a few weeks of doing A levels I don't think people will care about what you wear, but yeah I feel the same

Very true. I've spent way too long choosing my outfit for tomorrow 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Enigmatically
Waguan.

Did CIE IGCSE.

Mathematics - A*
Additional Mathematics - A*
Chemistry - A*
Biology - A*
Physics A*
First Language English - A*
French - A*
ICT - A*

- Introduce yourself

Most of my friends call me Thirsty (because it rhymes with my surname, nasty minded reader :wink:). I am Half British Half Ghanaian. About 6"3 - 6"5 in height.

- What are your hobbies and interests?

I am an avid football fan (Hala Madrid!). I can script in Python (barely). I swim as well, play table tennis, skateboard, play basketball, play volleyball, rollerblade and do some other stuff. I love mathematics and it's applications as well as chemistry and physics.

- What subjects are you planning to take?

Mathematics
Further Maths
Chemistry
Physics
Might write STEP I this year.

- Your favourite subject(s)?

Probably Mathematics.

- Your ideal future occupation?

Here is a tough one. My parents want me to become a Chemical Engineer and I want to become a Mathematician, possibly branching into research or becoming an actuary.

My A Levels keep my choices open but let us see what will happen.

I am an Oxbridge hopeful (Cambridge, specifically Trinity C, all the way!)

Nice to meet you all :wink:

~Thirsty

You're planning on doing STEP 1 this year?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest