The Student Room Group

Revision makes me do worse???

please ignore the irony of this okay but it's a serious question...
GCSEs i was getting As and A*s all year round with no revision (eg finding out we had a test that day but we actually had a week to prepare - im not the most observant like that) but come exams and i got A* 4A 5B C with no revision which tbh i dont think is too bad for an average ability? i say no revision, i did some for english because im not so good at it - i prefer numbers - and i got a B and C in them -.- as i said though, i was getting As throughout the year (until my teacher chaned and my grades went down with him....)
Next, AS. predicted to achieve at least straight Bs in Maths Further Maths Chem and Bio.....again i was getting As and Bs all year in each subject, tests, homeworks and practicals. i think i got one C and thats because i missed a few lessons? Mocks came and i didnt revise - never do for mocks - and achieved BCCD for maths, further, chem, bio respectively. i did loads of past papers and read my notes (and made clear revision notes for sciences) for all 4 subjects and was prepared for exams. maths i was chuffed with my AB but chem and bio i had no idea what went on? i got EE.....
i think it was pressure of knowing i revised so i had no 'fallback' as to why i had done badly if i had? see, when i dont revise and get like an E i accept it because i can be like 'shoulda revised' but if i revised then it puts more stress on bc idk what i did wrong or how or why?

sorry this is so long omg but yeah is it normal for this to happen?
You need to find revision that works for you and make sure you understand what you are doing
Original post by SuperHuman98
You need to find revision that works for you and make sure you understand what you are doing

i found past papers and revision notes worked well for me in maths mainly but also throughout the year yet they failed to in the science exams...
i feel the exact same way

in my gcse mock exams, i achieved really high grades, though i did little revision

until when it came to the actual exams, i was disappointed as my grades didn't reflect the blood and sweat i poured from rigorous revision.

although my grades were satisfactory (to others) and helped me get a place at a great sixth form, i can't help but dread to think what my performance will be like this year with my a levels.

the fact that a levels are deemed highly demanding, meaning that revision is a MUST, scares me

Quick Reply

Latest