The Student Room Group

i have exactly 47 days till gcses, can i get full grade 9s ?

i have 47 days to revise for my gcses, im aiming to have finished all content in around 3 weeks maybe earlier and hoping to just do practise questions after. However is it realistic to aim for full grade 9s ?
We have no idea what you’re currently working at so no one here can say.
Reply 2
Original post by CaptainDuckie
We have no idea what you’re currently working at so no one here can say.

im at grade 8/9s for all sciences, 7/8 for english, 9s in business and history, 6 in maths and 6 in french. and its not my ability really thats my worry is the time i have left to revise.
In 2021, 3606 students got straight 9s out of about 600,000 people who took GCSEs. Not because everyone else didn't work hard but because straight 9s is a standard which very, very few people reach.

Don't worry about whether it's possible for you to get straight 9s. You've got 47 days. If you work hard (and sensibly) during that time you'll do better than if you don't. That's really all that matters.
Original post by zynnjah123
im at grade 8/9s for all sciences, 7/8 for english, 9s in business and history, 6 in maths and 6 in french. and its not my ability really thats my worry is the time i have left to revise.

Focus on your grade 6 subjects, I would say. Then your 7/8 subjects so even though worse comes to worse you don’t get full 9’s, you still are going to have all A*’s/A’s. I can’t say whether or not you will get it - it’s entirely dependent on how hard you want to work.

any tips for science ,english and history
Original post by skylark2
In 2021, 3606 students got straight 9s out of about 600,000 people who took GCSEs. Not because everyone else didn't work hard but because straight 9s is a standard which very, very few people reach.

It’s important to also note that because of TAG’s, it was considerably easier to get 9’s. I’m not making this point to go against TAG’s as I got awarded the same way for my A-levels, but stats prove this. Only 837 people got all 9’s in 2019 (which was the year that no TAG’s or CAGS had been given). Only 0.0014% of the population, imagine. So it just goes to show the extent of how hard it is to get all 9’s.
(edited 2 years ago)
46 days for me 😩
What did you end up with?
Reply 9
what did u get?
i have 47 days to revise for my gcses, im aiming to have finished all content in around 3 weeks maybe earlier and hoping to just do practise questions after. However is it realistic to aim for full grade 9s ?
I mean consistency is key , so it may be possible😁

Quick Reply

Latest