The Student Room Group

Can I leave sixth form half way through whilst I look for an apprenticeship?

Okay so I'm 17, and half way through doing a levels (first year) and we just had mocks and I did awful, what makes it worse is I revised so much you do not understand how many times I cried over this. Also I just hate sixth form, I only came because I really didn't want to go college. I know for a fact I'm not capable of getting good grades in my A levels. Ive got anxiety which makes it 100000% worse for me to concentrate and start motivated.

I'd carry on at sixth form if I was going to uni, but I've already made the decision I'm not going uni, so I feel like it's just a waste of time and stress!! I want to get an apprenticeship but I'm the mean time and while I look for one can I just drop out and stay at home ?
Original post by Bethdollingx
Okay so I'm 17, and half way through doing a levels (first year) and we just had mocks and I did awful, what makes it worse is I revised so much you do not understand how many times I cried over this. Also I just hate sixth form, I only came because I really didn't want to go college. I know for a fact I'm not capable of getting good grades in my A levels. Ive got anxiety which makes it 100000% worse for me to concentrate and start motivated.

I'd carry on at sixth form if I was going to uni, but I've already made the decision I'm not going uni, so I feel like it's just a waste of time and stress!! I want to get an apprenticeship but I'm the mean time and while I look for one can I just drop out and stay at home ?

I think you'd be fine to do that as long as you plan to get an apprenticeship asap, discuss it with your parents though so they'll have warning if they get child benefit or anything like that
I dropped out of my a-levels at 17, while i don't regret it i opened a whole can of legal worms because you have to be in some sort of education. I ended up doing this awful arts course which I largely despised

If I were you, I'd stick out sixth form until you've been accepted on to an apprenticeship.

Id look for an apprenticeship.
In the meantime, stay at 6th form until you have found one. You have to be in some form of education until you are 18 anyway. And at least you will get some AS levels out of it (even if you dont do very well).
Original post by Emma:-)
Id look for an apprenticeship.
In the meantime, stay at 6th form until you have found one. You have to be in some form of education until you are 18 anyway. And at least you will get some AS levels out of it (even if you dont do very well).

We don't do AS anymore so we have to revise everything over the last 2 years just for A levels next year
We don't do AS anymore so we have to revise everything over the last 2 years just for A levels next year

Fair enough. I was under the impression that some schools/courses still allowed AS's. You still have to be in education until you are 18 though (the law and all that) so you would be best to carry on until you find an apprenticeship.
Reply 6
U don’t get child benefit at 17💀
Reply 7
U don’t get child benefit at age 17 💀💀

Quick Reply

Latest