The Student Room Group

Girl who has it in for me going to the same uni as me...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by doodle_333
OK well if this is genuinely personal I still don't think you need to worry! Everything I've already said still applies and tbh people change and grow when they get to uni, high school stuff just seems petty and insignificant and other people won't give her the time of day about silly teenage drama if she tries to rope them into it.

Yeah I was in private halls first year and I got on fine :smile: you have to make a little more effort and put yourself 'out there' a bit (e.g. ask someone you don't know if you can join them on a night out tonight) but it's not a problem, quite nice for an introvert as it gives you some space if you need it too!

Thanks for the tip (and your detailed replies in general) about needing to put in a bit more effort. I've got another dilemma now (sigh) - I feel I should join the Facebook Freshers group in order to begin getting to know some of my peers but also because it was recommended by accommodation in order to find a house with first years. She'll be on there because she is active on social media, or at least be lurking. I do have a couple of other contacts for housing but by not joining the groups I don't know how much I'll miss out. Do I join, or not join?
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by flameskid0909
Thanks for the tip (and your detailed replies in general) about needing to put in a bit more effort. I've got another dilemma now (sigh) - I feel I should join the Facebook Freshers group in order to begin getting to know some of my peers but also because it was recommended by accommodation in order to find a house with first years. She'll be on there because she is active on social media, or at least be lurking. I do have a couple of other contacts for housing but by not joining the groups I don't know how much I'll miss out. Do I join, or not join?
Posted from TSR Mobile

join, definitely

it's not the end of the world if you don't but you can't live your life around some silly high school fall out (I know it's horrible to live through something like this but now you need to try and not obsess) - so I would join it, I would work on the assumption that until this girl does something wrong that she won't have any effect on you so do whatever you would do if she didn't exist... it will be good to meet people and it shows her you're intimidated - also if you post 'who's looking for housemates' and start chatting to someone who has a spare room how does she join in that conversation? she can't so don't worry

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending