The Student Room Group

Is it me or do slim athletic guys tend to go for women with a bit of weight on them?

I don't know why but it seems to me that in general slim fit athletic guys pair up with women who are slightly overweight yet men with a bit of weight on them pair up with slim athletic looking girls. Am I wrong in noticing this is it just my imagination lol. Also I suppose I'm an athletic looking woman (though not that great at sport I just keep fit) and the guys asking me out tend to have a bit of weight on them. Is it just me who notices this :tongue:

Scroll to see replies

I think it's just you :s
Mehhhh slim and/or trim girls tend to go for *fit* lads..... so us skinny guys suffer a lil. By comparison slightly larger than average guys don't tend to suffer the same way skinnier guys do.... I suppose it's just our frame.

So I would say it's not that they tend to go for them, per se, but skinny guys are pretty much at the bottom of the pile unless you go to one extreme.
Reply 3
Really? I've seen some but most tend to go for someone the same size as them.
It's a mixed bag. More at play than just one's body type. I see all sorts dating each-other.
This is kind of true, I would go for a girl who is slightly bulky over a 'slim' girl.
This is true, anyone remember Lenny Henry and Dawn French
I wouldn't call my gf overweight, but she definitelly isn't fit. And I love that extra chub around her belly and thighs. So maybe it's true. At least for me.
My boyfriend loves to keep himself fit, but I'm certainly unfit and (though he'd argue) a little fat. But I don't think it's the general rule, just something that happens as there's more to a relationship than body fat.
Reply 9
Original post by Aappoolloo
I wouldn't call my gf overweight, but she definitelly isn't fit. And I love that extra chub around her belly and thighs. So maybe it's true. At least for me.

so in terms of attraction whats the point in a woman putting in effort to stay fit and in shape lol.
Original post by mrhedgehog
This is kind of true, I would go for a girl who is slightly bulky over a 'slim' girl.

Bulky as in a sprinters look as opposed to a marathon runner? Or bulky as in fat?
Original post by Anonymous
I don't know why but it seems to me that in general slim fit athletic guys pair up with women who are slightly overweight yet men with a bit of weight on them pair up with slim athletic looking girls. Am I wrong in noticing this is it just my imagination lol. Also I suppose I'm an athletic looking woman (though not that great at sport I just keep fit) and the guys asking me out tend to have a bit of weight on them. Is it just me who notices this :tongue:

Just you.
Original post by Foo.mp3
Athletic/in-shape guys can generally be more choosy, hence we tend to go for girls with curves :yy:

Thats not what ive noticed though they tend to go for overweight girls rather than an athletic shape with curves.
so in terms of attraction whats the point in a woman putting in effort to stay fit and in shape lol.

Not all unfit out of shape girls look as good in a bikini as my gf. :P

My gf is very hot in terms of attraction, although she's carrying extra chub around her belly, but she's completely untrained in terms of fitness. Her squishy body looks great and feals great to touch, but she turns out to be such a weakling when it comes to sports/exercise!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by ValerieKR
I think it's just you :s

Tbf, while I'd normally agree with shooting down generalisations like the OP's, I've got 2 friends at work who fit this description perfectly. It's odd.
Bulky as in a sprinters look as opposed to a marathon runner? Or bulky as in fat?

Bulky as in sprinters but also fat if its in the right places.
Original post by Aappoolloo
Not all unfit out of shape girls look as good in a bikini as my gf. :P

My gf is very hot in terms of attraction, although she's carrying extra chub around her belly, but she's completely untrained in terms of fitness. Her squishy body looks great and feals great to touch, but she turns out to be such a weakling when it comes to sports/exercise!

Oh ok, I find that quite tall/tall girls can get away with excess weight more. Fitness is quite seperate from being in shape anyway as obviously you can get slim unfit people and fit folk with weight on them. I suppose I just meant an athletic looking body, which can be slim or curvy.
Original post by mrhedgehog
Bulky as in sprinters but also fat if its in the right places.

Ah ok, I know what you mean, yea fat tends to be deposited on the hips/buttocks in younger women then as we get older often increases and moves to the stomach/waist. Maybe it's older women who benefit more from good diet/exercise routines, aesthetically speaking.
I used to be really hench, now im just slim and toned. I noticed that fat girls stopped liking me so much. What a pity. But yeah, I prefer girls with a fit body and some muscle, have never really been into girls who are bigger than me though.

100% true its almost like a defence mechanism that they're projecting there desire to be bigger that skinny guys go for bigger girls

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending