The Student Room Group

Beginning as levels and working

I have just began studying Maths, Biology, Psychology and Photography at AS level.

I also have a part time job as a waitress. So far its been around 20 hours a week, I've only been there for a few weeks.

How many hours is ideal to do while doing my as levels?

Thanks 😊
My school recommends that we only work 10 hours per week but I guess just do whatever you think you can manage without compromising your grades. I love your username by the way :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
My sixth form has advised us not to do more than 8 hours of work per week. Doing 20 hours will eventually stop you doing enough work towards your AS levels because you won't have time to do both. I'm surprised that you can be a full time student and still do 20 hours/week. Does your work know that you're a student?
Original post by horsewithnoname
My sixth form has advised us not to do more than 8 hours of work per week. Doing 20 hours will eventually stop you doing enough work towards your AS levels because you won't have time to do both. I'm surprised that you can be a full time student and still do 20 hours/week. Does your work know that you're a student?

Yeah but I was on summer holidays until today. Thanks I'll reduce my hours and do more in holidays 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Wordnerd2
My school recommends that we only work 10 hours per week but I guess just do whatever you think you can manage without compromising your grades. I love your username by the way :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I heard 8-12 hours a week should be the aim. I only do roughly 8 hours a week, because of the subjects I'm doing. 20 is way too much to me.
What are you taking?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by fxlloutboyy
What are you taking?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Maths.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending