The Student Room Group

I miss my ex like crazy and it's been five months...

me and my ex split up in April after dating for two years and three months (i'm 19 and she is 18) and we had the best relationship ever. arguably yes i have casually dated since then but no one out there is as amazing as she is. we started dating when i noticed she crushed on me like mad and i absolutely adored her but was too shy to begin anything. we were perfect together, she was and still is so beautiful and caring and intelligent that I feel like I was never good enough for her. we spoke about marriage, kids and at Christmas I proposed but she told me no because she was planning uni soon and she couldn't marry so young.

we had arguments, another girl seemed to want me after i began a college course and my ex went to sixth form. but my ex always valued education and we'd rarely see each other. i admit i was so clingy but i couldn't help it. our arguments got so severe that i used to threaten to dump her and one time i went round her friend's house because i was so mad at her, my temper gets to the best of me. i made her jealous by saying that i didn't want her but now i do, so much and it drives me crazy.

i dumped her on whatsapp at about 1am when my best friend and her ex friend told me that my ex had reservations about us and i ended it there and then. i have asked her to meet up with me but she tells me no. when i found out she was bi, i got so angry as i assumed she wanted to cheat on me but now i'm relaxed about it.

she said she's moved on and blocked me several times but unblocked me again. but why can't i move on? i love her so much, i'm scared no one will love me again. nobody else wants me in the same way she wanted me when we first started dating.
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
It will take time to move on, 5 months is nothing especially when you've spent 2 years of your life with her. Take it slowly, a day at a time. If it's meant to be, it'll be. Nothing more you can do.
Reply 2
Original post by Ishax
It will take time to move on, 5 months is nothing especially when you've spent 2 years of your life with her. Take it slowly, a day at a time. If it's meant to be, it'll be. Nothing more you can do.

I guess so, I feel as if I am holding her back as she tells me that she cannot talk to me anymore while she moves on. sad i know but it hurts me, i've lost my best friend :frown:
Reply 3
Original post by DanielMUFC97
I guess so, I feel as if I am holding her back as she tells me that she cannot talk to me anymore while she moves on. sad i know but it hurts me, i've lost my best friend :frown:

Hmm, that may be a good sign as she hasn't moved on yet. You may have a chance to change her mind but don't beg her or keep speaking to her etc. Just give her space, it will be beneficial for you both in the future.
Reply 4
Original post by Ishax
Hmm, that may be a good sign as she hasn't moved on yet. You may have a chance to change her mind but don't beg her or keep speaking to her etc. Just give her space, it will be beneficial for you both in the future.

Thank you so much, would you consider getting back with an ex? I'm the one who did the dumping but I feel so bad :s-smilie: I broke her heart and now suddenly I want her back. :frown:
Reply 5
Thank you so much, would you consider getting back with an ex? I'm the one who did the dumping but I feel so bad :s-smilie: I broke her heart and now suddenly I want her back. :frown:

It depends on the reasons we broke up, I did have a potential reconciliation but I'm glad it didn't happen in the end. Like you, he's (ex boyfriend) struggling to move on and he's taken it a step further with being in a rebound relationship. Don't do that though!

What I suggest is tell her how you feel and everything, ask for her response. That way you'll know where you stand and you'll be able to move on. If she doesn't give you a second chance, then maybe it's not worth it?
Reply 6
Original post by Ishax
It depends on the reasons we broke up, I did have a potential reconciliation but I'm glad it didn't happen in the end. Like you, he's (ex boyfriend) struggling to move on and he's taken it a step further with being in a rebound relationship. Don't do that though!

What I suggest is tell her how you feel and everything, ask for her response. That way you'll know where you stand and you'll be able to move on. If she doesn't give you a second chance, then maybe it's not worth it?

I told her how I felt, accidentally I told her that I was bored and that I missed her and wanted a girlfriend and she got mad and I see why. I have dated two girls since my ex but it's been casual and although I've wanted more than a casual thing, I always pine for my ex because she meant the world to me and I see what a big mistake I have made by dumping her. Maybe all she needed was time to figure herself out before we split but all I know is that I have lost someone who changed my life for the better.
Reply 7
I told her how I felt, accidentally I told her that I was bored and that I missed her and wanted a girlfriend and she got mad and I see why. I have dated two girls since my ex but it's been casual and although I've wanted more than a casual thing, I always pine for my ex because she meant the world to me and I see what a big mistake I have made by dumping her. Maybe all she needed was time to figure herself out before we split but all I know is that I have lost someone who changed my life for the better.

That's good. Just give her space for now and don't speak to her at all.
Reply 8
Original post by Ishax
That's good. Just give her space for now and don't speak to her at all.

maybe you are right, there is someone out there for me but i always find myself stalking her, i found her instagram and i messaged her and she blocked me.
I know who you are
Original post by ILuvAipomZ
I know who you are

erm.. that's a good thing? im so confused, im sorry i dont know you.
maybe you are right, there is someone out there for me but i always find myself stalking her, i found her instagram and i messaged her and she blocked me.

Don't look at her stuff on social media!
Original post by Ishax
Don't look at her stuff on social media!

All I wanted to know was if she moved on and what she looks like.
Original post by ILuvAipomZ
I know who you are

So do I :s-smilie:
Original post by Rhythmical
So do I :s-smilie:

Can you please message me as I would not like to be identified on here thanks
Print out loads of pictures of her and burn them in your back garden
Can you please message me as I would not like to be identified on here thanks

I really don't want to do that thanks :s-smilie:
Original post by Pinkberry_y
Print out loads of pictures of her and burn them in your back garden