The Student Room Group

Yout first ever video game

Scroll to see replies

Pikmin for the gamecube. I remember my parents asking me if I wanted a PS2 or a Gamecube when I was younger and I said GC. Was a Nintendo kid from then on.
This was my first ever video game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-JXM43NkIg

I never managed to beat it. Honestly, I don't think the average person is capable of beating it even if they play it for months straight. As you move on to higher levels, things just keep moving faster and faster. Monsters start flying around the screen at incredible speed, and if you die you lose all of the mods that even allow you to have a chance at beating the higher levels.

You also have to do something very difficult and specific if you want to play the last 3 stages (collect the coloured gems in the right order for every island), otherwise you just get a fake ending and cant play the last 3 islands..
(edited 7 years ago)
Scooby Doo and the Cyber Chase or Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 - PS1
Super Mario Bros. on the black and white GameBoy
Never got past the first level
I'm not sure exactly which one, but it's either Sonic The Hedgehog, Streets of Rage, Golden Axe or the greatest game of all time; Night Trap.
Pokemon silver is the earliest that I can remember, perhaps I've forgotten the rest because they pale in comparison :P
In dutch? So did you get the game abroad? another more interesting question is: how it comes that your father understands dutch?*

Boy, this graphics! it is umistakeable that PS1 was the first attempt in playstation's history to design games in 3D. *
My, my! a dutch girl? I am bit surprised. Did your family emigrated to UK in the past? *
No, the true revolution in making and playing 3D games was N64. Those ones had the same clunky graphics as well.
I can't remember well. It's either super mario or Contra.
Mine was Spellforce
Cooking Mama on the Nintendo DS

good times
Original post by DanRyder
Super Mario Bros. on the black and white GameBoy
Never got past the first level

I can remember me. Quite tough game to play through. Never did that, got it up to the third stage at the best.*
Reply 72
james bond golden eye one nintendo 64
First game I ever played was GTA: Vice City. My older cousin let me play it on his new PS2 when it came out in 2002, when I was 4. No wonder I'm so messed up.
Original post by HistoryDave
First game I ever played was GTA: Vice City. My older cousin let me play it on his new PS2 when it came out in 2002, when I was 4. No wonder I'm so messed up.

You oplayed your first game at the age of 4? that is very young. Could it be that you have cheated in this game in the following ages?*
My first videogame was final fantasy VII. It came out the year I was born and my cousin who lived with us let me play it when I was about 4/5? He got me into gaming and said my first game had to be something special. it is still my favourite franchise to date
My first game was Mario Kart DS for the... wait for it... DS.

Pretty fun game tbh.
Reply 77
first ever game was lego star wars complete saga on wii. however a very early game i played on xbox 360 was halo 3 on a friends console
Reply 78
Lego Indiana Jones on the XBOX
I show my age:

Frogger on atari.

Quick Reply

Latest