The Student Room Group

Help me please!

I need some help. I have failed my 2nd year of a FdA course 2 times (one through personal issues) this includes a summer resit also, I have been told by the place I studied at that I now can't carry on there (fair enough) but I want to go to a different uni, I have a Certificate of Higher Education for my first year, but what I really want to know is if any uni would take me or is that it?

Thanks
You will have to ring up and ask. I would say you should appeal, but you mau already have done that and it would have depended what the personal reasons were anyway.

If they wont accept the certificate, then you may have to start again, which wouldnt be too bad imo. The concern though is about funding and whether SFE would fund a degree after this, since I think most of your funding would be used up. You would need to check with SFE.

Your best course of action ince you had failed the FDA would have not taken the resits till ready i.e your personal reasons were sorted.

It is possible to make a compelling personal reasons claim, normally bereavement or medical related. If successful, then they disregard that years funding. If your intetion is to go to Uni, then you need to know they are prepared to fund your degree. I wouldnt give up but do your research and get advice on your next move.
Reply 2
My grandfather who lived with me and my parents passed away when I did my 1st second year.

I have emailed a few universities and they want my transcript but what I'm worried about is them turning me down.

Thank you for the help to though
Original post by Emma--Louise
My grandfather who lived with me and my parents passed away when I did my 1st second year.

I have emailed a few universities and they want my transcript but what I'm worried about is them turning me down.

Thank you for the help to though

Did you wish to stay at your current uni?
Did you appeal?
Did you use any medical evidence?

Funding really is the important issue.

If your marks were good, then they might take you, it would be great if they would accept a transfer. If they did then I wouldnt start unless I was fully ready so I could do really well. Your next uni would want to see you had done well or you will end up going somehwere quite poor.

If you get stuck then pm me if you wnat assistance.

Btw chin up, its never over until you stop trying.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending