The Student Room Group

Does anyone else hate their neighbors?

I can't stand their stupid noise, chattering and murmuring. What aggravates me even more is when they talk about stupid things like "huuu, get me a burger man. Hoo dude, did you taste those chips?". Typical sheeple talk.

What's even worse is their unbearable 'musical' ruckus at night. OOMF OOMF OOMF OOMF OOMF with their stupid trance/house music. Some people want to sit quietly in their read and read a book/study new things!

This sucks. I have to close my window (poor isolation) so that I can at least partially not hear my neighbors anymore. I don't like having to put up headphones for this very purpose.

I hate my neighbors! Is anyone here in the same boat? :biggrin:
Reply 1
I more hate the block of flats I live in and not any particular neighbour instead. Before we got the buzzer door system installed downstairs, random people off the streets would come into the block and scream and shout, kick random doors, play their crappy ned/chav music full blast on their phones, pee in the block, let their dogs pee and bark in the block, threaten people etc. Even a sneeze echos really loudly in a block so imagine how much louder someone shouting or hitting something off the metal banisters sounds :frown:

Now we have the buzzer door, it doesn't happen as much but its still not perfect. I can hear my upstairs neighbours occasionally walking about, decorating or shouting but compared to what goes on out on the landing, its nothing.
I used to have the most lovely neighbours to the right of me. They came from Poland and had family from all over the world visiting a lot. They were so interesting, had the nicest kids, and were lovely to chat to as well. They moved out a couple of weeks ago, sadly, so I'm hoping the new ones are nice. They started moving in last night and we said hi and everything so hopefully I get on well enough with them as well. The ones to my left are pretty boring and can be quite loud so I don't have anything to do with them. A few doors up though omg they're so loud. Every evening, about 6:30-7:30pm, 'THOMASSSSSS' is repeatedly screamed so the kid that lives there knows to come home from the park at the other end of and behind the street. One of the women that lives there takes up two of the very few parking spaces with her tiny mobility scooter as well which is annoying
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by 571122
I can't stand their stupid noise, chattering and murmuring. What aggravates me even more is when they talk about stupid things like "huuu, get me a burger man. Hoo dude, did you taste those chips?". Typical sheeple talk.

What's even worse is their unbearable 'musical' ruckus at night. OOMF OOMF OOMF OOMF OOMF with their stupid trance/house music. Some people want to sit quietly in their read and read a book/study new things!

This sucks. I have to close my window (poor isolation) so that I can at least partially not hear my neighbors anymore. I don't like having to put up headphones for this very purpose.

I hate my neighbors! Is anyone here in the same boat? :biggrin:

Yes, I'm in exactly the same boat last night. I stormed outside last night at 1am after they woke me up, but they switched the music off before I got outside. I stood there glaring at their window hoping they would either switch the music back on or see me. Neither happened so I went back to bed annoyed and on edge waiting for them to start up again.
Reply 4
Hahahaha chav music, that's right! That's what I'm talking about. Though, I don't know if in the UK it's illegal as well to 'disturb the peace in public transport'. I think if you play music louder than 25 dB or you annoy people with it, you could get a £250 fine.
Oh yeah, the dogs.. that's another thing; they annoy me here too.
Moreover, I can hear my own neighbors' pee stream while I'm in the bathroom. It's like there are no walls at all (and that's probably true)!
Another annoying thing: singing neighbors. When I come home: "UNNHGHHH UNNGGG HUUUUUUUUUUUUU (whine whine whiny, nasal singing)". That kind of thing really gets on my nerves.

I'm glad I don't live in a neighborhood that bad though.. it's a more quiet/nicer one. It's just that Fridays tend to get annoying (go figure).

Thanks for sharing the experience!
I've got a mixed bag tbh. Mostly very nice plus a raving lunatic(who's possibly the most racist person you'll ever meet) and a paedo in his 80's.
Reply 6
Original post by chelseadagg3r
Every evening, about 6:30-7:30pm, 'THOMASSSSSS' is repeatedly screamed so the kid that lives there knows to come home from the park at the other end of and behind the street.

Oh man, I can't stop laughing. :biggrin: Thomassssssss!!!
Original post by 571122
Oh man, I can't stop laughing. :biggrin: Thomassssssss!!!

Haha I was sat out in the garden when it happened the other day, and I heard two different households going 'Thomassss!!' to mock it :biggrin:
I hate one of my neighbours but love the other 😂
They are always spying on us when we are in the garden and they are so moody and always chuck balls over into our garden and make me throw them back over when I've got my own stuff to do and they are so arrogant like.
Reply 9
Original post by kalclash
Yes, I'm in exactly the same boat last night. I stormed outside last night at 1am after they woke me up, but they switched the music off before I got outside. I stood there glaring at their window hoping they would either switch the music back on or see me. Neither happened so I went back to bed annoyed and on edge waiting for them to start up again.

I am astounded! You had great courage to storm out and scare them! :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by Reachin4TheStars
I hate one of my neighbours but love the other 😂
They are always spying on us when we are in the garden and they are so moody and always chuck balls over into our garden and make me throw them back over when I've got my own stuff to do and they are so arrogant like.

That reminds me of Unlucky Alf from The Fast Show. Check it out:
[video="youtube;M8ZYML5mM4E"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8ZYML5mM4E[/video]
Original post by 571122
That reminds me of Unlucky Alf from The Fast Show. Check it out:
[video="youtube;M8ZYML5mM4E"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8ZYML5mM4E[/video]

Lmao it's legit like that 😂
They're so annoying. They're loud, sing various stupid made up songs like "**** the feds" and "we're on benefits" and they let their 5 year old kids out at like 2am when people are trying to sleep. I actually think one woman has never talked; only ever shouted in her entire life, in fact, I just heard her shout "Where's my Kit-Kat!". There's a group of them who always call their children little *****es and say "I'm gonna **** you up". Then you've got the racist ones who gossip about the most extraneous things ever. What's worse though are the people who visit the neighbours every single day, fighting all the time.

Yes I hate them.
i can tolerate them most of the time. the only thing that pisses me off most is when they decide to play music in their cars loud enough for the whole street to hear relatively early in the morning! its soooo bloody annoying and disrespectful. no one wants to listen to your *****y music!
I did hate my old neighbours, but they've f****ed off now. The new ones are ok.
Reply 15
Original post by NotNotBatman
They're so annoying. They're loud, sing various stupid made up songs like "**** the feds" and "we're on benefits" and they let their 5 year old kids out at like 2am when people are trying to sleep. I actually think one woman has never talked; only ever shouted in her entire life, in fact, I just heard her shout "Where's my Kit-Kat!". There's a group of them who always call their children little *****es and say "I'm gonna **** you up". Then you've got the racist ones who gossip about the most extraneous things ever. What's worse though are the people who visit the neighbours every single day, fighting all the time.

Yes I hate them.

Hahaha, all those situations remind me of the following clip:

[video="youtube;icmRCixQrx8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icmRCixQrx8[/video]

Quick Reply

Latest