The Student Room Group

Why would someone very obviously look you up and down?

A guy that i'd never met before started looking me up and down, he did it a few times and it was very obvious....he was literally nodding. He wasn't checking me out...i wasn't wearing anything revealing, a huge baggy top over some jeans. Also, I'm really skinny and not curvy or anything so there isn't really much to look at. Regardless, I felt abit uncomfortable and confused. I wasn't dressed weird either etc. Thoughts?
I worked once with a fashion designer, who literally scanned me up and down, taking in every last detail of my sartorial choices that day. A couple of years later, I went on to work with Jean Paul Gaultier: he was infinitely cooler.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
A guy that i'd never met before started looking me up and down, he did it a few times and it was very obvious....he was literally nodding. He wasn't checking me out...i wasn't wearing anything revealing, a huge baggy top over some jeans. Also, I'm really skinny and not curvy or anything so there isn't really much to look at. Regardless, I felt abit uncomfortable and confused. I wasn't dressed weird either etc. Thoughts?

People have weird ways, so maybe he was checking you out in his own way. Maybe he thought you were someone else and realised you weren't.

Dont think because you are skinny and wear baggy clothes people wont check you out, I hate makeup, big boobs, big hair.

Did he look like a mentalist?
He was probably trying to very obviously check you out, so that you knew he was interested in you. Bit weird though.
Some people just do that. I have family members and friends who very obviously look you up and down and take in everything. It's easy to take this as them judging you, and depending on the person maybe they are, but often I think it's just the way some people operate.

It personally makes me feel incredibly self conscious when people do that but I try not to worry too much about what they think or make assumptions about it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending