The Student Room Group

Failed Year 11

I have pretty much failed (by my standards) due to being targets B+ across all subjects and not actually achieving any Bs. I only achieved 6 GCSEs none of which are "good" by any means and I am facing the consequences of retaking year 11 because of this. I wish to leave after year 13 (because I'm currently in Sixth Form) and I am not sure about the best path to take in my life. I am not wanting to attend a low end college/university in level 2 courses and do not think I would get a very rewarding job, but a mundane boring Monday-Friday 9-5 demeaning job.
Original post by Jay.Wright
I have pretty much failed (by my standards) due to being targets B+ across all subjects and not actually achieving any Bs. I only achieved 6 GCSEs none of which are "good" by any means and I am facing the consequences of retaking year 11 because of this. I wish to leave after year 13 (because I'm currently in Sixth Form) and I am not sure about the best path to take in my life. I am not wanting to attend a low end college/university in level 2 courses and do not think I would get a very rewarding job, but a mundane boring Monday-Friday 9-5 demeaning job.

Whats wrong with retaking year 11? If you get the grades it will be worth it in the long run
Reply 2
Original post by SuperHuman98
Whats wrong with retaking year 11? If you get the grades it will be worth it in the long run

It is just a very demeaning feeling when you were targeted to do well and ultimately slump and your friends are all flourishing in A-Levels.
Original post by Jay.Wright
It is just a very demeaning feeling when you were targeted to do well and ultimately slump and your friends are all flourishing in A-Levels.

Ah don't worry man, its okay. I am retaking my year 12, and lots of my friends are in year 13 ,but I have also made so many new friends. Its just life we are all going to fail at some point, just have to learn from it and get back up ,because its better to fail when you are still young than to mess up when you are older.

Quick Reply

Latest