The Student Room Group
Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website

Ask ALL of you accommodation questions here

Scroll to see replies

Hi,

This is just so we know how many people haven't got accommodation yet. We might get in touch later to check how your house hunting is going. At this point you should continue putting effort into house hunting.

Thanks,
Accommodation Team

Original post by DezzieC
Hello,

A few days ago one of the admins on Facebook made a post about sending in some of your details to accommodation to 'gauge out how many students are still looking for accommodation.' I was just wondering if the accommodation team are going to reply in the very near future.

Thank you.
Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website
Hi,

It's usually two toilets and two shower rooms, but this might differ between different halls. In short, the number of bathrooms is sufficient for the number of people sharing them.

Thanks,
Accommodation Team

Original post by Alexandra98X
Hello,
I was wondering how many bathrooms are shared in a non-ensuite flat of 6-8 people?

Thanks
Hi, I'll be moving into my halls (paddock field's) on the 24th. But as I am coming from a different country, my parents are wishing to stay at least one night (to my dismay) as they cannot afford any other type of accommodation. Are they allowed to do this? I've heard that I enrol on the 27th so I don't know if that will change any circumstances.
Original post by mdeery94
Hi, I'll be moving into my halls (paddock field's) on the 24th. But as I am coming from a different country, my parents are wishing to stay at least one night (to my dismay) as they cannot afford any other type of accommodation. Are they allowed to do this? I've heard that I enrol on the 27th so I don't know if that will change any circumstances.

Hi,

One night should be fine. The room doesn't have much space for 3 people though!

Thanks,
Accommodation Team
Hi, I've decided to leave my course because of my medical condition (epilepsy). I lived in halls whilst I was there, but as soon as I left I signed out of my room and let them know that I was leaving. Do I still have to pay rent, even though I'm not living there?
Hi, am considering applying to Brighton to study English. Is the accommodation nice, is there a lot of choice, and are the rooms a nice place to spend a lot of time in? (I'm very dedicated to my studies so this is really important to me as I'd like a really cosy, homely space of my own).
I can't make it to any of your open days, as I live too far away. As such, I'd like to get as full a picture as possible of what the accommodation is like, and what it's like to live there.
Thank you.
You can take tours of all types of halls rooms online here just click on the name of each hall and then click on the red box under the photo that says "360 tour"

Original post by SabbyCat
Hi, am considering applying to Brighton to study English. Is the accommodation nice, is there a lot of choice, and are the rooms a nice place to spend a lot of time in? (I'm very dedicated to my studies so this is really important to me as I'd like a really cosy, homely space of my own).
I can't make it to any of your open days, as I live too far away. As such, I'd like to get as full a picture as possible of what the accommodation is like, and what it's like to live there.
Thank you.
Hi

I'm sorry we must have missed seeing your question here. Hopefully you have already had an answer but I'll respond here too in case you haven't or the information might be useful to someone else.

If you need to leave or intermit from your course you do not need to pay rent in halls or Unihomes after you move out.

Rent would only remain payable for students who stay at Uni but choose to leave their room, they would need to pay until they found a suitable replacement tenant.

This is only the case in University accommodation. In private accommodation, termination clauses will be determined by your contract.

Original post by mdeery94
Hi, I've decided to leave my course because of my medical condition (epilepsy). I lived in halls whilst I was there, but as soon as I left I signed out of my room and let them know that I was leaving. Do I still have to pay rent, even though I'm not living there?
(edited 7 years ago)
Hi, If I apply through Extra am I still able to apply for halls?
Hi

If you are holding a firm offer from us as your first choice with enough time to apply by the accommodation deadline, you would be eligible.

The accommodation deadline is 15th July, so you would need to have a firm academic offer accepted by early July in order to apply for accommodation.

Original post by willowrufus
Hi, If I apply through Extra am I still able to apply for halls?
Reply 50
hi,
I am an international student and I want to stay at university hall, but I will register at 26th May . Is it too late ? If I stay out what will I do??
Hi :smile:

Will you be a student from September 2017?

International students are guaranteed accommodation. So as long as you make your accommodation application by 15th July, you will get a place in halls.

Original post by daissy
hi,
I am an international student and I want to stay at university hall, but I will register at 26th May . Is it too late ? If I stay out what will I do??
Reply 52
Hi Brighton

I will be a mature student, yet to apply for accommodation.

Do you place students of a similar age together in halls? Or is it one big melting pot of ages? Also, can you specify whether you want loud or quiet accommodation?

Thanks!

We try to put people into flats roughly based on age, but this depends on the number of applicants we have for each halls and their age ranges, so we're not able to guarantee it. We don't have specific quiet halls, Unihomes will be quieter because that is a shared house with around 4-5 people.

Original post by Erik28
Hi Brighton

I will be a mature student, yet to apply for accommodation.

Do you place students of a similar age together in halls? Or is it one big melting pot of ages? Also, can you specify whether you want loud or quiet accommodation?

Thanks!
Reply 54
I know there's no advantage to applying to halls early but is there any advantage in holding an unconditional offer over a conditional offer? (ie will unconditional offer holders get placed first?)

The only difference between conditional and unconditional offer holders is that unconditionals will get their accommodation offer earlier than conditionals. This is because we can only offer once your academic offer is unconditional, so conditionals have to wait until A level results come out before they get their accommodation offer. This doesn't affect whether you get accommodation as all of the allocations are done together, it is just the timing of the offer that is different.

Original post by JudahS
I know there's no advantage to applying to halls early but is there any advantage in holding an unconditional offer over a conditional offer? (ie will unconditional offer holders get placed first?)
Hi Brighton :smile:
I have accepted my offer to study education at Brighton university in September at Falmer campus. I believe I have changed my accommodation application at least three times because I can't make up my mind.

I am interested in the unihomes option, I was wondering how it works exactly, would I be given a choice of rooms/houses?

I also went to an applicant day and one of the current students told me that the halls at Falmer had a few double rooms, is it possible to specify this option on my application?

Thank you in advance for your help :smile:

For Unihomes, you wouldn't be able to choose a particular house or room. We try to match students up in groups and to houses as well as we can in advance.

At Falmer, Great Wilkins has double beds, so you can choose that if you would like. However it does have a 50 week contract so if you don't need accommodation over the summer, you should look at Varley Park where a lot of blocks have double beds.

Original post by JamieObispo95
Hi Brighton :smile:
I have accepted my offer to study education at Brighton university in September at Falmer campus. I believe I have changed my accommodation application at least three times because I can't make up my mind.

I am interested in the unihomes option, I was wondering how it works exactly, would I be given a choice of rooms/houses?

I also went to an applicant day and one of the current students told me that the halls at Falmer had a few double rooms, is it possible to specify this option on my application?

Thank you in advance for your help :smile:
Reply 58
Hi, if I am an unconditional offer holder what is the likelyness that I will be able to get halls? Also if I don't get halls straight away, but there becomes spaces available would I be likely to get halls then?
Reply 59
Hi guys

Me again!

I'm currently thinking a house will be my first choice over halls. If I go down the house route, do I get to see or visit the house before I accept it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending