The Student Room Group

Touching between male and female in platonic relationships

Generally, how much touching, what kind of touching and where is it acceptable for a guy and a girl in a platonic relationship to touch each other?
Original post by Ybsy75
Generally, how much touching, what kind of touching and where is it acceptable for a guy and a girl in a platonic relationship to touch each other?

From my experience.. not frequently (with any kind of frequency... it seems a bit weird? from my perspective at least) but when an actual reasons to pops up.. then I guess so. But that can be irregular.

As for what kind... I dunno, nothing to weird I guess? If I do it I pat their back or hand on their shoulder or arm.. that's about it really. Wouldn't really touch them in more places that are off limits :curious:
Original post by Ybsy75

If you are talking about a platonic friendship that has never been more than a relationship then a hug or a handshake seems enough. I have experience of a platonic friendship after a relationship so the boundaries may have been different. :hmmmm:
All over :wink:

platonic means no sex

doesn't mean act like a nun and priest with each other

I peck my female friends on the lips all the time, play-grope. Chat about sex with each other. Mind you if I'm platonic ith a girl but still her friend it's not because she's friendzoned it's because I'm taken, 9x outta 10.

Well I have seen blokes get smacked up for play-groping, like proper smacked up

so you might wanna make sure she actually is your friend or likes you at all before you play grope or go in for a friendly hi/bye kiss.
Reply 4
Original post by SeanFM
From my experience.. not frequently (with any kind of frequency... it seems a bit weird? from my perspective at least) but when an actual reasons to pops up.. then I guess so. But that can be irregular.

As for what kind... I dunno, nothing to weird I guess? If I do it I pat their back or hand on their shoulder or arm.. that's about it really. Wouldn't really touch them in more places that are off limits :curious:

What's defined as an actual reason though?
I have no boundaries.
Original post by SeanFM

Why not

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending