The Student Room Group

Fear I have been fumbled yet again- does he like me?

So, Hello! Even though I vowed to not get hurt again, I fear that I am too far gone :frown: So here is the complete story time:

CONTEXT: I am now an 18 year old female computer science student first year, the person of interest is a 22 year old male first year computer science student (went to another uni and changed courses) I AM AWARE this is a weird age gap kinda but i think cause we are at the same stage of life/ same year its not that weird. Anywho, the story...

Starting from the first time i got my heart broken, essentially i got lead on very very badly for months, and was very nieve (still am). It was year 13 and no one had ever shown any interest in me, and someone took advantage of that. I told myself that I would never think of anyone romantically again until they explicitly told me they liked me in a sense that was more than a friend (i.e platonic until proven otherwise)

So, now onto the present day, I am a CS student and actually loving uni and having so much fun! So, theres this guy and we kind of hit it off right away, we are super good friends. We met at the computer lab where we made small talk at first, but then started texting outside of the lab and he would always ask about me if i didnt turn up (bare minimum but anyways quite platonic didnt think anything of it). I mentioned liking coffee at one of the mornings and we talked about it for a while (this is a little random but STICK WITH ME), he always brung a coffee with him everywhere, anyways, so he invited me to his accom and offered to make me a coffee with his coffee machine over text (note with a ... at the end) Again, I dont think this is that deep but whatever. I think i just said something quite ambigious like "i do like coffee" but that was that. We kind of fell off a bit by then and it then hit november and loads of coursework was due so we didnt chat that often except the weekly labs. In december we started talking a little bit more again, and i crocheted him a little stocking for christmas (i did this for all my friends so i dont think its that deep really). We end up texting all the way through winter break and he ends up inviting me to study with him at a cafe before our january exams. I went cause it sounded like fun, when i went, he hugged me hello (this kinda broke the physical touch barrier which he hadnt done before but again could be platonic high key) and we chatted for 3-4 hours before we actually did like 1 hour of studying (we get along great so again i didnt think this was that deep), he then walked me to the tram stop and gave me a very tight squeezy hug goodbye which was sweet. Didnt really hear from him until exam week (about 1 week later) where he sent good luck, I sent it back and turns out the thing I taught him at the study meeting came up so he thanks me for teaching him that. Anyways, Now we are back at uni, we pretty much see each other everyday, and i have noticed he does tend to follow me everywhere. For example, I will be sitting with my friends in the lecture hall and he will make a concious effort to sit next to me, will wait for me at the end of the stairs so we can hang out and he ends up hanging out with me and my friends. Its kinda awks though cause he only speaks to me really but he is slowly opening up to my friends. I asked him if he liked my friends and he said he did. I also asked him if he wanted to go see a movie together later this week, he was busy on the day i suggested, but then suggested another day which I was busy on- nothing happened from then but thought it was worth the mention. ANYWAYS, to the current week, we have spent a little TOO much time together this week and we have been hanging out for 3-4 hours everyday (studying together alone, will come to sit with me and my friends at any opportunity as normal etc but super extra this week), and i found out yesterday that i got onto this study aborad program for next spring, after that he seems a little distant? Me and my friends booked a study room to do an online lecture and he came along as usual, but we were kinda celebrating the study abroad thing but he was trying to watch the lecture. I sent him a text checking up on him to see if he managed to learn the lecture, hoping we didnt distract him too much, and heres the heart break, he has left me on delivered for literally 2 days now. I know it doesnt seem that deep right, but he is active on instagram, he has viewed my stories, liked other peoples posts and im just so confused what ive done wrong? My friends are convinced he likes me a little bit more than platonically, and i cant lie ive been warming up to him, but I cant deal with this hot and cold treatment? Anyways, any advice on the matter would be great, I just dont want to end up getting hurt again, already hurting right now kinda :frown: Also could be being overdramatic lmao
Reply 1
Feels like with the pace of things like it might just be friendship he’s after. I would have a go at making it happen though. Push for a date and see. In any events you’re having fun and there’s plenty more fish
Reply 2
Original post by Zarek
Feels like with the pace of things like it might just be friendship he’s after. I would have a go at making it happen though. Push for a date and see. In any events you’re having fun and there’s plenty more fish
thank you for the advice!! i think so too, he did tell me he was quite shy a while back, but i think i just got too attached again.
Reply 3
Just discuss it with him!
Reply 4
Original post by Surnia
Just discuss it with him!
how should i go about that? i feel like i’m just being delusional high key
Start looking for another guy
Original post by Anonymous #1
thank you for the advice!! i think so too, he did tell me he was quite shy a while back, but i think i just got too attached again.
Sound like the best idea , see if he needs a push.
See what the relationship status is between you two. He might be thinking something between you two might happen, but as he heard your going abroad he is pushing you further away as you'd be gone for a while.

Best to find out where both of you stand if friendship or maybe something more.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending