The Student Room Group

Cambridge: What college are people applying for?

Planning on law and I need to send my application off very soon. I was wondering what colleges people liked the look of?
Reply 1
Original post by Raventtt
Planning on law and I need to send my application off very soon. I was wondering what colleges people liked the look of?

Apply Harvard.

(http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=67792760&t=4340620#post67792760)

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)

I am applying to Havard as well as Columbia and Brown, I really like American institutions so I recommend it to others, but I'm also applying to the UK just in case. But just wondering, why did you post this on my thread?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3
I am applying to Havard as well as Columbia and Brown, I really like American institutions so I recommend it to others, but I'm also applying to the UK just in case. But just wondering, why did you post this on my thread?

Because you randomly posted it on someone else's thread without explanation.

Anyway, there are 31 colleges at Cambridge. Don't stress over it too much but just because someone recommends their preferred college doesn't mean it's the best for you.

What's important for you?

Have you looked at the college web sites?

And the alternative prospectus?
https://www.applytocambridge.com/

And this?
http://www.undergraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/colleges/choosing-a-college

Edit, btw Harvard (and Brown and afaik all other US universities) doesn't offer Law as an undergraduate course. It's a postgrad course. Do you already have a bachelors degree?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 4

"Edit, btw Harvard (and Brown and afaik all other US universities) doesn't offer Law as an undergraduate course. It's a postgrad course. Do you already have a bachelors degree? "

get muged
Original post by AnonEcon
"Edit, btw Harvard (and Brown and afaik all other US universities) doesn't offer Law as an undergraduate course. It's a postgrad course. Do you already have a bachelors degree? "

get muged

Yes, I have a first in History from Cambridge. I am applying to all my universities as either a postgraduate or mature student
Reply 6
Yes, I have a first in History from Cambridge. I am applying to all my universities as either a postgraduate or mature student

what college
In Harvard or Cambridge?
Reply 8
In Harvard or Cambridge?

I don't think you are applying to Harvard, if you were you'd obviously know they DO NOT have a collegiate system
I don't think you are applying to Harvard, if you were you'd obviously know they DO NOT have a collegiate system

I'm aware they don't have a collegiate system however I thought you may have been referring to their 'House' system, where you do live separately from others only in your house
I'm aware they don't have a collegiate system however I thought you may have been referring to their 'House' system, where you do live separately from others only in your house

what did you get in your SATs then?
what did you get in your SATs then?

SAT's were not needed as I already have obtained a degree.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending