The Student Room Group

average UKCAT score is 570, the end of medicine for me?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by OneAfrica
Did you by any chance do reach? And I'm also a Scottish applicant with a low UKCAT. How are your overall stats?

No, I didn't do reach but I would've been eligible. My school is below average but isn't associated with the reach progamme because not many people from my school are interested in veterinary, dentistry or medicine.
My stats are
N5: AAAAAAA
N6: AAAAA
UKCAT: VR 590, QR 650, AR 610 TOTAL - 1850 and average 617

wby? :smile: The school I do AH chemistry at do REACH and their school performs better than ours. :frown:
Original post by Nuba123
No, I didn't do reach but I would've been eligible. My school is below average but isn't associated with the reach progamme because not many people from my school are interested in veterinary, dentistry or medicine.
My stats are
N5: AAAAAAA
N6: AAAAA
UKCAT: VR 590, QR 650, AR 610 TOTAL - 1850 and average 617

wby? :smile: The school I do AH chemistry at do REACH and their school performs better than ours. :frown:

You definitely have better stats than me
S4 AAAAAAAB
S5 AAAAB
S6 AAA

UKCAT 603 SJ Band 2.
It's not looking good for me but all I can do is to hope for the best.
You definitely have better stats than me
S4 AAAAAAAB
S5 AAAAB
S6 AAA

UKCAT 603 SJ Band 2.
It's not looking good for me but all I can do is to hope for the best.

Woah 8 Nat 5's is a lot. Well done, I would've died with all that stress. Your grades are exceptional - are you a gap year taker since you've already got your grades for S6. Tbh our scores are really similar so I wouldn't stress about that. Just try to stay positive and keep looking forward. My dad keeps reminding me that my UKCAT isn't good but you just have to work with what you've got and hope fot the best. I wish I focused more on my UKCAT but it's a bit late for that now but let's say if I had to sit it again I know what I would do to improve. :smile: A ll the best let me know how it goes.
Original post by Nuba123
Woah 8 Nat 5's is a lot. Well done, I would've died with all that stress. Your grades are exceptional - are you a gap year taker since you've already got your grades for S6. Tbh our scores are really similar so I wouldn't stress about that. Just try to stay positive and keep looking forward. My dad keeps reminding me that my UKCAT isn't good but you just have to work with what you've got and hope fot the best. I wish I focused more on my UKCAT but it's a bit late for that now but let's say if I had to sit it again I know what I would do to improve. :smile: A ll the best let me know how it goes.

All we can both do is hope for the best tbh. Where are you thinking of applying?? And yes i am a gap year student.
All we can both do is hope for the best tbh. Where are you thinking of applying?? And yes i am a gap year student.

Yeah, so true. I'm applying for Aberdeen, Glasgow, Edinburgh and Dundee. wby? :smile:

Not sure if i've already asked you that lol ma bad :biggrin:
Original post by Nuba123
Yeah, so true. I'm applying for Aberdeen, Glasgow, Edinburgh and Dundee. wby? :smile:

Not sure if i've already asked you that lol ma bad :biggrin:

Aberdeen Dundee Edinburgh and Bristol. But that might change in the coming days.
Aberdeen Dundee Edinburgh and Bristol. But that might change in the coming days.

Yeah everything is a bit all over the place right now. I can't deal with it. :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending