The Student Room Group

My AS Results

AS did not go well for me. It started off with my pet sea monkeys (a Christmas present) dying before my very eyes the day before my first exam. I was devastated! I went into my first exam (Electronics Unit 1) in buckets of tears and I didn’t seem to know anything on the paper and I dropped 3 UMS on the paper. Then after going home and seeing the empty tank, it brought back the tears and I went into Core 1 and Mechanics 3 crying like I had the day before. I dropped 7 UMS on both papers this was the worst thing for me (I had been getting full marks all year!). Luckily in the weeks after I picked myself up, after burying the sea monkeys in my garden, and got 100 UMS in Core 2 and Mechanics 1 and 99 UMS in FP1. Electronics unit 2 went well and I scored 105/105 UMS. However, crisis struck again. The morning of my Mechanics 4 exam, I learnt that my goldfish Freddie had died he was only 4 years old. I used to talk to him every morning before school but on that morning I found him floating in his tank. I was more attached to Freddie than my sea monkeys and this lead me to only score 66 UMS in Mechanics 4 due to how sad I was feeling. My results were only:

Maths A (293/300)
Further Maths A (295/300)
Electronics A (297/300)
Physics A
Chemistry A
Extra Maths Modules (255/300) (D1-96, M3-93, M4-66)

I really want to study maths at Cambridge but I feel my scores are not good enough. Should I put what happened in an ECF form, as I feel it really affected me?
(edited 7 years ago)
:colonhash:
Piss off
Reply 3
Lmao you're gonna be jobless mate , especially with those results, uni don't want u
I feel that sea-monkeys dying would be a perfectly valid excuse for your blatantly bad performance in your exams. After all, I'm sure everyone at cambridge themselves have gone through horribly bad-timed heartbreak in relation to their own sea-monkeys like you have, and would be perfectly understanding.
Lol you didn't get a higher score on Maths over FM what a loser
Reply 6
Is this true? It is just that parents didn't go to uni and I thought you had to get 300/300 to even be considered.
I think you can claim extenuating circumstances (being serious) if you have had a bereavement. @Cryptokyo I'd look in to that.
Reply 8
Be grateful you even got As. It could've gone a lot worse for you.
Reply 9
Original post by Summi
Be grateful you even got As. It could've gone a lot worse for you.

For me this is terrible. It is not all about the blimin grades. I have lost my pets :frown:.
You're going to have to retake the year to even have a chance at uni mate
LOOOOOOOOOOL your goldfish Freddie died HAHAHAHAHA
Original post by richardhello
I think you can claim extenuating circumstances (being serious) if you have had a bereavement. @Cryptokyo I'd look in to that.

Are you being serious? a death of a stupid fish? you've got to be kidding me
Reply 13
Original post by Cryptokyo
For me this is terrible. It is not all about the blimin grades. I have lost my pets :frown:.

Well, from what you wrote you seem to be worried about getting into Cambridge more than your pets.
Your such a brag, i hate you kind of people

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Original post by Sayf E Ghenaiet

Posted from TSR Mobile

My sea monkeys genuinely died the day before my first exam. So you're just being rude.
Reply 16
Original post by Summi
Well, from what you wrote you seem to be worried about getting into Cambridge more than your pets.

How dare you question my love for Freddie. RIP Freddie 2K16 :frown:
Original post by Sayf E Ghenaiet

Posted from TSR Mobile

He's not bragging wtf

Latest