The Student Room Group

waiting for results but wanting to go for clearing

Hello,
I’m trying to get into veterinary medicine and have struggled. I decided to resit some GCSE exams just to try and increase my chances of getting in next year, however, I would like to still try and apply for clearing this year.
On the UCAS website it states that you can not apply through clearing if you’re waiting for results. I’m just wondering if I can still apply through clearing as I’m only waiting on my resit results and already have my GCSEs and A levels?
thank you
Apply for vet med in clearing I'm assuming? If you hold no offers you will be able to apply on results day - to my knowledge you can't apply to any clearing vet courses before this date. It is also really rare for vet courses to come up in clearing - Notts April cohort has the last few years and sometimes others do but the places do get snatched up quick and so it is still unlikely (but not impossible) to get a place then. Prepare all the relevant contacts before the day so you get your application in ASAP.
Reply 2
Original post by RambleAmple
Apply for vet med in clearing I'm assuming? If you hold no offers you will be able to apply on results day - to my knowledge you can't apply to any clearing vet courses before this date. It is also really rare for vet courses to come up in clearing - Notts April cohort has the last few years and sometimes others do but the places do get snatched up quick and so it is still unlikely (but not impossible) to get a place then. Prepare all the relevant contacts before the day so you get your application in ASAP.

Yes unfortunately I’m aware of how unlikely it will be but worth a shot!
I’m hoping to apply (if there will even be places) on the 5th of july but i’m waiting for my resit results and just confused if I can still apply even though I’m still waiting for results.
I got AAA in bio, chem and maths at A level but got 6s in bio and chem at gcse so Nottingham told me to resit them for a chance to get an offer from them.
But when i look on clearing it says I must wait for any outstanding results before applying through clearing?
Original post by abszypop
I’m hoping to apply (if there will even be places) on the 5th of july but i’m waiting for my resit results and just confused if I can still apply even though I’m still waiting for results.
I got AAA in bio, chem and maths at A level but got 6s in bio and chem at gcse so Nottingham told me to resit them for a chance to get an offer from them.
But when i look on clearing it says I must wait for any outstanding results before applying through clearing?

Do you have a UCAS application at the moment?

You can’t apply to clearing if your offer would be reliant on your outstanding results. If you meet conditions without those outstanding results then you can use clearing.

The chance of Vet Med being in clearing is zero or very close to it. If your relying on GCSE results these wont be out until end of August.
Reply 5
Original post by PQ
Do you have a UCAS application at the moment?

You can’t apply to clearing if your offer would be reliant on your outstanding results. If you meet conditions without those outstanding results then you can use clearing.

That’s awesome thank you! I did apply and unfortunately didn’t get in.
I’ll apply again next year, but thought it would be worth a shot to see if there’s any clearing.
Reply 6
Original post by swanseajack1
The chance of Vet Med being in clearing is zero or very close to it. If your relying on GCSE results these wont be out until end of August.

Yeah I know it’s a shame, I only saw some places last year for Nottingham in April, I’ll hopefully apply again next year if there isn’t anything but worth a shot.
I’m waiting on some resit results, but hoping there’s a chance I might get in with my old GCSE results as some unis still take them.
I’ve already taken a gap year as I didn’t get in last year so only hoping I don’t have to take another even if it’s very unlikely!

I don’t think you can apply to vet med courses before results day through clearing to my knowledge, not just because of outstanding grades but I’ve just never seen that being an option.
Reply 8
Just for an update, Nottingham have said they will still consider my resits and my offer will be based on if I achieve the grades that they want (7 or over). I have an interview with them for vet med tomorrow!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending