The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

University of Nottingham Applicants 2017 entry

Scroll to see replies

Hello I'm considering apply for geography

Currently studying: geography, business studies and philosophy & ethics.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Bump
bump
I'm applying for Adult nursing at UoN, think my aspirations are a bit low but nursing is where I want to start I guess.

Studying A Level biology, chemistry and psychology
Reply 24
If anyone wants a room at nottingham1 Please contact me or contact nottingham1.
I cannot come to the univeristy this year so I need someone to replace my room E06D
Applying for English!
Economics and Int'l Economics - Maths Physics and Economics
I've applied for Computer Science at Nottingham.
I've already got my A levels :biggrin:
Reply 28
ACCOMODATION IN NOTTINGHAM AVAILABLE - deluxe ensuite. Block F, Flat 12, Room B Looking for a female student who would like to take over tenancy at Nottingham 1. Deposit is already paid as well as the weeks before you decide to reside here. You'll be living with three other girls and will be paying £124 a week bills included. If you look on the website now, the price has increased to £127 per week therefore you'll be saving more. It's a very spacious room with all facilities provided. Reason for leaving is because I am planning on commuting for personal reasons. Room is fully furnished with a double bed, your own ensuite bathroom, double sofa and coffee table, study desk and chair and double wardrobe and storage space. For further enquiries, please do not hesitate to contact me on 07984317933.
Reply 29
Name: Nicola
Course: Physics with astronomy
GCSEs: 6A*'s, 5A's, 2B's
AS: AAA (Biology, Maths, Physics)
A2 subjects: Biology, Maths, Physics
A2 (predictions or achieved): A*,A, A
ECs: Science academy, interviewed a scientist working at the LHC, play guitar in college band, astronomy group
Reply 30
I've been offered an interview for their MSc Oncology, yet to hear a date though
Reply 31
Name: Thomas
Course: Computer Science
GCSEs: AABBBBBBCCAS: BCCE (Maths, Further Maths, Computer Science and Chemistry)
A2 subjects: Maths, Further Maths and Computer Science
A2 (predictions or achieved): BBC (yes I know I need AAB to get in but I'm hoping to beat my predicted grades)
ECs: Work experience in a computing department of a loan company, UKMT Junior and Senior maths challenge bronze and silver, part of scouting for over 7 years
Name: Chairman
Course: Law (probably straight law or law with American law)
GCSEs:10A* 3A
AS: 4A 1B
A2 subjects: Maths, Further Maths, Politics, Economics, History
A2 (predictions or achieved): A (maths achieved) A A* A* A*
ECs: Grade 8 piano, work experience at law firms, part time job as tutor
Heyaa :smile:

Course: German and History
GCSEs: 5A*s 4As 1B
AS: AAAAB (German, History, Geography, General Studies and B in French)
A2 subjects: German, History, Geography, French
A2 (predictions): A*A*AA (A*s in German and History)
ECs: Touch rugby, football, tech (for drama), debating, ...
Name: Nicole
Course: Physics with astronomy
GCSEs: 7A*, 6A
AS: AAAA (Maths, further maths, chemistry, physics)
A2 subjects: Maths, chemistry and physics
A2 (predictions or achieved): A*AA
ECs: DofE, treasurer & member of bellringing group, UKMT maths challenges and Maths Olympiad for girls
Offer: AAA!
(edited 7 years ago)
Doing the exact same combination as you! but doing an EPQ as well. what are you predicted?
When they say for Economics entry requirements its A*AA to AAA how would you know what you're likely to be offered??
Reply 37
Original post by azizadil1998
When they say for Economics entry requirements its A*AA to AAA how would you know what you're likely to be offered??

currently studying here for that course, I got offered AAA with AAA predicted, most others got A*AA with that predicted. Nottingham school of Economics are known for letting people in with lower grades than their offer though.
Original post by danw97
currently studying here for that course, I got offered AAA with AAA predicted, most others got A*AA with that predicted. Nottingham school of Economics are known for letting people in with lower grades than their offer though.

oh thanks a lot dude! im probably going to go for economics as my top choice then. I really liked the campus, was just not sure about the entry requirements. So if I'm predicted A*AA will they offer me A*AA or AAA? Considering I'm doing the EPQ as well. Obviously you wont know for sure but generally what's the case?

And what you're saying is if someone gets offered A*AA and they get AAA they tend to be accepted?
Original post by KarlB02
Hey!

Was just wondering who is applying to UoN for 2017 entry!
Would be cool to speak to some people with the intentions of studying there!

Course: Economics
Current A Levels: Economics, Maths, Business Studies

Thanks!

Doing the exact same combination as you! but doing an EPQ as well. what are you predicted?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending