The Student Room Group

Recommend A-Level economics? (any apec)

I'm trying to decide on A-Levels and am considering economics-I didn't do business GCSE but do have an interest in economics in general (I'm pretty competent at maths as well) would anyone recommend the subject?
Original post by brownanya122
I'm trying to decide on A-Levels and am considering economics-I didn't do business GCSE but do have an interest in economics in general (I'm pretty competent at maths as well) would anyone recommend the subject?

In my GCSE's i got 10A*S and C in english..

Alevels-
Maths
FurtherMaths
Physics
Art
& Economics ( i did business gcses and i also pick economics alevel but i didnt like it lol too many essays.. so i chose to do Business instead. Economics is long and heavily written based subject. dont get me wrong, it is an amazing subject but not for me lol i am more of the Physics and Maths type of guy)
thanks for the feedback- it does sound good as I'm more of a literature based person myself but have to pick subjects soon and am still undecided on a 4th subject!
Original post by brownanya122
thanks for the feedback- it does sound good as I'm more of a literature based person myself but have to pick subjects soon and am still undecided on a 4th subject!

This subjects are not set lol u can change it even when you start college 2 weeks into college..

The Enrolment day is when you have to pic the subjects you want to do
You can start Economics without any knowledge of anything like I did. Maths can be useful. In AS, we learnt about 5 VERY easy equations but the majority of it will be in A2 (still very little maths). It's easy to understand if you have a good teacher. You draw a lot of graphs

I had a B in maths and english GCSE (and most of my other grades) but I finished AS with A in Econ and AB for chemistry and biology so maths isn't that important but you will need good straight to the point writing skills whilst linking up theories.

Quick Reply

Latest