The Student Room Group

Postgraduate in mental health nursing with a third class degree

I'm thinking of doing Mental Health Nursing. I have a GNVQ Intermediate in health and social care. I don't have grade c or above in GCSE English or Maths . I do have experience of working as a health care assistant and care assistant. I have two university degrees. I have a BSC ordinary degree in health studies and a BSC Open Honours degree which is a third class. If I applied for post graduate in Nursing with a third class degree, would they still accept me?
Original post by princess pokey
I'm thinking of doing Mental Health Nursing. I have a GNVQ Intermediate in health and social care. I don't have grade c or above in GCSE English or Maths . I do have experience of working as a health care assistant and care assistant. I have two university degrees. I have a BSC ordinary degree in health studies and a BSC Open Honours degree which is a third class. If I applied for post graduate in Nursing with a third class degree, would they still accept me?

Have a look on the ucas postgrad section. A quick search only turned up 1 pre-reg mental health nursing course and they wanted 1st or 2nd class degrees. Probably quickest just to give places a ring to see what they say.
Contact the universities you wish to apply to and ask if what you have is acceptable. If so you can then go on to apply through ucas. You may just be asked to apply for the undergrad instead.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest