The Student Room Group

Keele medicine 2017

Scroll to see replies

I have 3A's at A-level with A at AS in further maths. Have 3 months in care home and taking gap year to work as healthcare assistant. Is this enough experience or is it not worth applying?
I am the same 3As plus A at AS. Been working as care assistant for a month so far. Planning to work at that for 6 months then travel. I have applied to Keele.
Original post by Workaholism
I just accepted an offer from Keele. My roles and responsibilities form was strong, my UKCAT was weak (625), and my GCSE's were not as good as yours. Keele gives out interviews based on the roles and responsibilites form, so perhaps look at another university. Are you sure you have not had any roles/responsibilities? Do you hold no positions within your school?
Hi what sort of experiences did you write about?
I think it is quality and not quantity. You must express what you have learnt and gained out of the experience.
The roles and responsibilities form wasn't sent to me today, I checked my email and also UCAS track. In fact I didn't even get the email confirmation from Keele about my application.

What's going on?
Original post by Harpal10
The roles and responsibilities form wasn't sent to me today, I checked my email and also UCAS track. In fact I didn't even get the email confirmation from Keele about my application.

What's going on?

I would call them as I received it earlier today.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 26
Original post by Harpal10

What's going on?

They were sent out at midday today. You may not have met the initial entry criteria?
Original post by Arch1
They were sent out at midday today. You may not have met the initial entry criteria?
I definitely have
Original post by Orangeflower6
I would call them as I received it earlier today.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Okay, thanks I will call them tomorrow.

Did anyone else not get it?
This might sound like a rubbish question, but when you fill in the hours spent in a particular role, does that mean how many hours you actually worked? In other words, if I were referring to a residential trip, I wouldn't exactly include the whole '24 hours' because I would be sleeping or having a break within this time, as well.
For the "estimated total hours" is that for all our volunteering hours combined or only the total for the ones we have listed (maximum 4)??
Original post by Workaholism
I just accepted an offer from Keele. My roles and responsibilities form was strong, my UKCAT was weak (625), and my GCSE's were not as good as yours. Keele gives out interviews based on the roles and responsibilites form, so perhaps look at another university. Are you sure you have not had any roles/responsibilities? Do you hold no positions within your school?how

How many total hours did you have?
Original post by Huzaefah
For the "estimated total hours" is that for all our volunteering hours combined or only the total for the ones we have listed (maximum 4)??

I've just put it for the ones listed. What's your total hours?
Original post by WannabeDoctora
I've just put it for the ones listed. What's your total hours?

From the 4 its about 368 but i've done 404 in the last 3 years. Then again it doesn't really matter cause i read that if you've done 160+ then you get full marks on that section.
(P.S. I realllyyy like volunteering :smile: )
Hi when exactly is the r and r form due in ? On the last page of the form it say the 31st October but the email says 1st November
Do Keele use R&R at an interview?
Original post by tangled23
Hi when exactly is the r and r form due in ? On the last page of the form it say the 31st October but the email says 1st November

1st, I e-mailed the to confirm
Reply 37
R&R form submitted! Let the wait begin :biggrin:
Reply 38
Original post by Billy_Boi
Do Keele use R&R at an interview?

I think yes, alongside personal statement.
Original post by eemooz
R&R form submitted! Let the wait begin

Did you put anything for section 4? Exceptional achievements?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending