The Student Room Group

Are pharmacist still in demand in the UK?

One of the course I was interseted in studying was Pharmacy, but I been hearing that it not in demand as it used to be? So in your opinion you think doing a degree is worth it?
they aren't in demand as they used to be imo.
Reply 2
Original post by lovejoy212
they aren't in demand as they used to be imo.

Is it not worth pursuing then?
(edited 7 years ago)
If you want to be a Pharmacist, you should absolutely do it. True, the job market isn't as grear as it used to be, but honestly, those with the drive and ambition (which, strangely enough, can only be derived from actual enjoyment of the job) will be fine.

If you're only interested in it for the money or respectable career, I'd think twice. As someone who has been there, done it, and bought the t-shirt, it's not exactly the most rewarding or enjoyable job in the world; actually, considering the high workload and stress, it's not even that well paid. And yes, there is danger that you won't find unemployment when you finished - which is why you need to be driven enough to ensure all your applications stand out.

But I know many Pharmacists who are in love with the job and very happy, warts in the profession and all.
Original post by FallenPetal
If you want to be a Pharmacist, you should absolutely do it. True, the job market isn't as grear as it used to be, but honestly, those with the drive and ambition (which, strangely enough, can only be derived from actual enjoyment of the job) will be fine.

If you're only interested in it for the money or respectable career, I'd think twice. As someone who has been there, done it, and bought the t-shirt, it's not exactly the most rewarding or enjoyable job in the world; actually, considering the high workload and stress, it's not even that well paid. And yes, there is danger that you won't find unemployment when you finished - which is why you need to be driven enough to ensure all your applications stand out.

But I know many Pharmacists who are in love with the job and very happy, warts in the profession and all.

Couldn't have put it better myself.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending