The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

University of Warwick 2018 Applicants Thread

Hey guys! Planning on applying to the University of Warwick for 2018 entry? Use this thread to chat with others about it.

Name:
Predicted grades:
Also applying at:

Good luck! :smile:

Scroll to see replies

I'm not sharing my name or location on the student room but I'll probably apply for maths and physics and I'm fairly sure my predicted grades will be A*A*A*(A* in maths already achieved) in fm, physics and chemistry but physics might drop to an A. I'm also applying ti cambridge and durham but the other 2 are a bit undecided.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
After initially considering Warwick and deciding not to apply, I applied as a last minute change of heart before sending off my UCAS and Warwick is now my first choice.

I've applied for PPE. I'm predicted A*AA.

Also applying to Surrey, Loughborough, Essex and Surrey which is my insurance.

I now have an offer of A*AA from Warwick which I will likely firm.
(edited 6 years ago)
Currently on a gap year after failing to get into uni this year !!! I got ABC in Philosophy, French & Maths and so will be retaking French and Maths to hopefully get AAA or above. I missed my Durham AAA offer, and also my Exeter AAB one too. If you don't succeed, just try bloody again...

I will probably reapply to Warwick, but unsure as of yet as their course is French with Arabic, as opposed to French and Arabic (at Warwick it's not an equally weighted course). Still deciding. I got an offer from them last year but it was my fifth choice.

Course: French & Arabic
Predicted grades: AAA or above
Also applying at: def Durham, Exeter, Edinburgh Maybe St Andrews, UCL, SOAS.
John.Xiong
China
International Management
A*A*AA(Eco, Phy, Further maths, Business)
Mathematics A already achieved
LSE, St Andrews, Bath,, UCL
Reply 5
I'm Sophie! :smile:
Course - Hispanic Studies & French
Predictions - A* A* A* A (A Levels in Biology, French, History and Spanish)
Also applying to - UCL, Oxford, Birmingham & Southampton
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by 221Breezeblocks
Currently on a gap year after failing to get into uni this year !!! I got ABC in Philosophy, French & Maths and so will be retaking French and Maths to hopefully get AAA or above. I missed my Durham AAA offer, and also my Exeter AAB one too. If you don't succeed, just try bloody again...

I will probably reapply to Warwick, but unsure as of yet as their course is French with Arabic, as opposed to French and Arabic (at Warwick it's not an equally weighted course). Still deciding. I got an offer from them last year but it was my fifth choice.

Course: French & Arabic
Predicted grades: AAA or above
Also applying at: def Durham, Exeter, Edinburgh Maybe St Andrews, UCL, SOAS.

Are you retaking at school/college or on your own?

If you got an offer last year and turned them down, is it really worth using one of your 5 options to apply again? Especially as you seem unhappy that it's not an evenly weighted course at Warwick?
Original post by Sabertooth
Are you retaking at school/college or on your own?

If you got an offer last year and turned them down, is it really worth using one of your 5 options to apply again? Especially as you seem unhappy that it's not an evenly weighted course at Warwick?

I will be re-taking through the school that I attended, but I won't be 'going back to school' - I will be getting support as and when I need it, eg speaking practice, essay feedback. I'll be travelling abroad until Christmas then in the new year I'll start working and revising.

And yes - as I said, I'm yet to decide however I'm leaning towards not re-applying to Warwick. I just thought I'd post my thoughts and plans on this thread just in case.
Reply 8
Hello I'm applying for Politics and Sociology
my predicted is AAB
I'm going to send my ucas in November
Original post by Sabertooth
Hey guys! Planning on applying to the University of Warwick for 2018 entry? Use this thread to chat with others about it.

Name:
Predicted grades:
Also applying at:

Good luck! :smile:

Hey guys! I'm Phoebe and I'm going to apply to do English Literature at Warwick, I'm predicted AAA in my A-Levels.
//
Honestly I've had a really hard time deciding on which universities to apply to. Everybody I've spoken to has told me I should apply to Oxbridge ("if you can go, why wouldn't you?!") but when I went to the Cambridge open day the course was really not as interesting as it sounded at Warwick.
I've visited Warwick uni thrice this year and I love it a lot so I'll definitely apply I just don't know whether it ought to be my firm or not just because I'm afraid of 'missing out' on something at the better universities. :/ I can't imagine anyone else is in a similar situation but if you are let me know! I'm struggling to commit to a decision aha :laugh::confused:
Name: Sam
Course: Economics
Predicted grades: A*A*A
Also applying: KCL, Oxford, Bristol, Durham

I would actually rather go to Warwick or Bristol than Oxford- loved the vibes on the open days!
Gap Year Applicant

Name: -
Course: Law
Obtained grades: A*A*A
Also applying at: Oxford, Durham, LSE, Bristol
(edited 6 years ago)
Hey😄 I've applied for maths! I've also applied to Oxford, Durham, St. Andrews, and Nottingham. My predicted grades are A*A*A*A*A* with an A* in Maths already achieved 😄. Best of luck to you all!

Update: 19/10/17- Conditional Offer: A*A*A*/A*A*AA
Update 2: 14/10/17- Conditional offer reduced to A*A*A
(edited 6 years ago)
Hi, would really appreciate any info from someone who's visited Warwick...I had to hand in my UCAS really early due to Oxbridge deadlines and ended up putting Warwick down in a mad rush, but didn't get to visit. Was there a nice vibe at the uni? Anyone applying for History or languages that could tell me if the course looked impressive there?

Course: History & German
Predicted grades: A*A*A*A
Also applying at:
Cambridge, Nottingham, Southampton, Manchester
Name: Catherine
Course: History & Politics
Predicted grades: A*AA (History, Politics, English Lit)
Also applying at: Nottingham, Edinburgh, Sheffield, Glasgow
Original post by teenstressaddict
Hi, would really appreciate any info from someone who's visited Warwick...I had to hand in my UCAS really early due to Oxbridge deadlines and ended up putting Warwick down in a mad rush, but didn't get to visit. Was there a nice vibe at the uni? Anyone applying for History or languages that could tell me if the course looked impressive there?

Course: History & German
Predicted grades: A*A*A*A
Also applying at: Cambridge, Nottingham, Southampton, Manchester

I've actually graduated so can answer questions you have about the campus or Coventry (maybe create a separate thread in the Warwick forum so other people can contribute too?). But is there anything stopping you visiting now or once you get an offer?
(edited 6 years ago)
Warwick is superb and the campus is great (IMO).
Name: Tom
Course: Chemistry MChem with an industrial placement
Predicted grades: A-Bio, A-Chem, B-Maths
Also applying at: Imperial, UCL, St Andrews, Bath
(edited 6 years ago)
Name: Ze Witcher
Course: Economics
Acheived grades: A*AAA* in Maths, Chemistry, DT and EPQ (on a gap year) respectively and might pick up economics A level to supplement my application.
Also applying at: Nottingham, UCL and need to pick two others.

Won't be too fussed if I don't get in, but worth a try.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 19
Location - London
Course - Law or (Law with Business at Warwick)
Predicted - History A, Governement and Politics A, Sociology A/A*
Also applying at - King's, LSE, SOAS and City.

Quick Reply

Latest