The Student Room Group

How British are you?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
12/24 and thats good for me seeing as i guessed on all of them apart from the ones about drinking and scratch cards :tongue:

Also, why is it important to know some of these things? who the hell cares what percentage of the UK lives in scotland?
(edited 12 years ago)
What a load of crap, I am English anyway and what that has to do with knowing history I do not know, I scored 5/24 lol, raced through, what year was the NHS formed lol, what year were women first allowed to vote lol, and answering these correctly proves I am British, well I am not I am English so toodle pip I am going for a cup of tea jolly good day to you all be you foreign or not:biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 42
Is there a question about the condition of british teeth?

:colonhash:
42%

Original post by Kevin J

Why are you spamming that here?
Reply 44
11/24 46% :colondollar:
Original post by worker13
http://www.channel4.com/programmes/make-bradford-british/articles/channel-4-citizenship-test

I got 15/24 and subsequently failed. :ashamed2:
The pass mark is 75%.
Post your scores.

E: I did guess a lot btw.

9/24 ... meh I had better pack my bags
Reply 46
23/24 :woo::woo:

But I've been studying those things, I'm a foreigner :redface:

hope the real exam will be like this :rolleyes:
12/24... I should get a British passport before I turn 18 and have to do this thing for real :/
8/24

I'll just get my coat and leave...
Reply 49
9/24 or 38%. I wasn't born in Britain so I don't mind but I find some of the questions pointless

"where do you register your baby?" how is that related to britishness?
25% *moves abroad*
Gotta say it's a nasty gimmick to try and de-legitimise a british sense of national identity. Historical facts and date recollection is not what it means to be British. If they asked us about British culture, language, values, then I'd imagine the results would be much more different.

I know a lot about Japanese history from my Japanese history course - I could tell you about when their constitution was implemented or what Prime Minister was in when, or what the legal ages are for certain things, does that make me Japanese? Of course not.

Companies and mass media want to suck the sense of community out of the people. Remove a nations culture and all they have left is consumer choices. Nasty nasty future.
Reply 52
8/24. 33%. You are not eligible for uk citizenship.

Woop.
7/24 29% and I'm actually British, I love how we have never been told these things in school or whatever
10/24 following the trend-gussed all of them :wink: apart from lottery tickets and alcohol age question :smile:
I got 14/24.
58%
I got 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 17, 18, 21 and 24 right.

I do find it funny/odd how the ones not born in the UK are doing better...

But still. Most of these things have little/no relevance, and I guessed a fair few/almost all. Besides, unless you're blind, who cares how much money they save on a TV license? Or how many people own their own homes?
I got 10/24.....

You know it makes me really glad seeing you guys say how silly you think the questions are and how they have absolutely nothing to do with how British you are! I wasn't born in this country but have lived here since I was 13 and my accent is nearly faded out, so I sound pretty much British but I have to take this test in order to get my citizenship.... I helped my mum memorize all the questions and answers in that book a couple of years ago when she applied for hers and I have to say it gets beyond ridiculous! But it makes me feel kinda good to know that there are people who were born here who agree with me :smile:
I did crap I got 30% . It wasn't really a Britishness test, it was just a test on bureaucracy, "were do you register the birth of your baby?" what relevance does that have? Some people clearly have an advantage there too.

Only questions on there I thought were good were. 1, 4, 6, 7, 9, 19, 24. The rest are just pointless or bureaucratic.
Original post by worker13

I got 15/24 and subsequently failed. :ashamed2:
The pass mark is 75%.

I did guess a lot btw.

Me too - about everything :colondollar:
11/24

The questions are totally irrelevant, I'm as British as they come and yet someone who has been in Britain for 5 minutes can be deemed more British than me because they have memorised some pretty useless information for a test.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending