The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

The "I've applied to Edinburgh for 2012 entry" chat thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2840
Original post by carnationlilyrose
I'm a little disappointed, tbh.... Hoping for an amusing story!

:biggrin: nah... I did scream at the top of my voice though, which wasn't that great of an idea considering that there were important meetings all around me^^
nah...probably not as amusing as what you were hoping for...
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Original post by MiriamG
:biggrin: nah... I did scream at the top of my voice though, which wasn't that great of an idea considering that there were important meetings all around me^^
nah...probably not as amusing as what you were hoping for...

Well done fellow German C100 :wink:, will you be firming Edinburgh? I still need to decide between Edinburgh and Imperial. I'm going to a post offer opened day on the 10th, so I hope that will help me make my decision.
I got my offer last night for performance costume at ECA :smile:

...But I just don't know what to do with my life now! agh! I have no idea what Edinburgh is like, any help?
Reply 2843
Original post by Oldshoesandsocks
Well done fellow German C100 :wink:, will you be firming Edinburgh? I still need to decide between Edinburgh and Imperial. I'm going to a post offer opened day on the 10th, so I hope that will help me make my decision.

Thank you!

I am absolutely firming it, no question (it's a dream come true for me!!)

I personally would chose Edinburgh over London anytime (as a place to live). anytime. Maybe it's because I live in big, stuffy (very expensive) city as it is, and can't wait to get to a nice place :smile:

I don't know anything about Imperial though, because I never considered anything in London :biggrin:

You should come to Edinburgh :cool:
I don't see why someone would not want to live there lol

Have fun at the visiting day! when I was there for a tour/information session, it was right before the Edinburgh Fringe, so we weren't able to see everything, but I saw enough to make it my first choice^^

Edit: generally, it would make no sense to put the higher offer as insurance, because than you might end up without a spot. But your offers are odd in that respect o.O

Original post by millas2103
I got my offer last night for performance costume at ECA :smile:

...But I just don't know what to do with my life now! agh! I have no idea what Edinburgh is like, any help?

congratulations! what other options do you have?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by MiriamG

You should come to Edinburgh :cool:
I don't see why someone would not want to live there lol

Have fun at the visiting day! when I was there for a tour/information session, it was right before the Edinburgh Fringe, so we weren't able to see everything, but I saw enough to make it my first choice^^

Edit: generally, it would make no sense to put the higher offer as insurance, because than you might end up without a spot. But your offers are odd in that respect o.O

congratulations! what other options do you have?

Thanks :smile: Erm Wimbledon, Nottingham Trent, Rochester and still have an interview at LIPA to go in April. But it's probably between Edinburgh and Wimbledon :| two extremes! London or Edinburgh is the question...
Reply 2845
PENDING, PENDING, PENDING! Waaaah :frown: !
Reply 2846
Hi! I am a Romanian applicant, holding a conditional offer for Religious Studies MA. I am currently preparing my application for the Coca-Cola Scholarship which is meant to help eastern Europeans handle some of the living costs and tuition fees. I would like to ask if anyone has any tips on how to write a personal statement for applying for scholarships and such, I have never done it before, so I am a bit lost?

Cheers and all the best to everybody else applying!
If I see the word "pending" one more time...
:grumble::grumble::grumble:
Original post by cricket123
If I see the word "pending" one more time...
:grumble::grumble::grumble:

:goodluck:
Reply 2849
Original post by zerlendi
Hi! I am a Romanian applicant, holding a conditional offer for Religious Studies MA. I am currently preparing my application for the Coca-Cola Scholarship which is meant to help eastern Europeans handle some of the living costs and tuition fees. I would like to ask if anyone has any tips on how to write a personal statement for applying for scholarships and such, I have never done it before, so I am a bit lost?

Cheers and all the best to everybody else applying!

At this point I am very frustrated with the waiting. The application for the scholarship is due 2nd April. But the university emailed me that they are going to give me an answer no later than 10 April. If I don't get an offer today, they basically make it impossible for me to try for the scholarship. That's so stupid!
Just thought I'd say I received a rejection today, no worries though I'll be firming my other choice at Edinburgh right now, so bring on Archaeology! :biggrin:
Reply 2851
Original post by Ocarinaoftime
Just thought I'd say I received a rejection today, no worries though I'll be firming my other choice at Edinburgh right now, so bring on Archaeology! :biggrin:

Congrats! :smile: Which was the subject you got rejected for? Because Archaeology is still pretty awesome and you're still coming to Edinburgh!
Original post by Ocarinaoftime

aww sorry to hear that D: At least you will be going to Edinburgh - hope you have a great time there :biggrin:
Getting really excited now, going to work so hard this Easter, I'm not going to miss this offer! Any other physicists out there?!
Original post by saachi
Congrats! :smile: Which was the subject you got rejected for? Because Archaeology is still pretty awesome and you're still coming to Edinburgh!

I was rejected for Geography and Archaeology :smile: I'm not sure if I'll be able to take Geography when I'm there as an outside subject now, but I'll wait and see ^^ and I loved the Archaeology talk at the post offer day, I'm really excited! ^^

Original post by Charlesworth
aww sorry to hear that D: At least you will be going to Edinburgh - hope you have a great time there :biggrin:

Thank you very much! :biggrin:
I think my ECA offer has been the only thing to motivate my revision :biggrin:
Reply 2856
Original post by twinlensreflex
I think my ECA offer has been the only thing to motivate my revision :biggrin:

Probably... since I got my offer, I have been doing practice questions like never before...
Original post by MiriamG
Probably... since I got my offer, I have been doing practice questions like never before...

Aha, same ^_^ And a tonne of notes. I guess it'll be worth it though, even if I'm currently living in my history books.
Hello :smile: I have an unconditional from Edinburgh Uni but still deciding between two uni so just wondering, to everyone who applied and wants to go to Edinburgh Uni, why do you want to go to Edinburgh? Like what are your reasons? Thanks :biggrin:
Original post by magenta1
Hello :smile: I have an unconditional from Edinburgh Uni but still deciding between two uni so just wondering, to everyone who applied and wants to go to Edinburgh Uni, why do you want to go to Edinburgh? Like what are your reasons? Thanks :biggrin:

For me:

1. Physics course is pretty well respected, and having been to an open day and looking at the course, it was definitely going to be my insurance, then Cambs rejected me, so I'm off to Edi! Glad in a way! :biggrin:
2. Means I can go back and live in Scotland again. :smile: Miss my accent.

For most people:

1. The city is beautiful. In my opinion, the most beautiful city I've ever had the luck to visit, and it has a fantastic atmosphere, whether you're walking up Arthur's Seat or just milling up and down Prince's Street. On top of that, there's a freakin' castle! :biggrin:
2. The university itself is very good.
3. The countryside in Scotland is outstanding. You've got a nice climbing centre (Raffo) just outside Edi too!

On top of all that, you've an unconditional, which is, as well, a bonus! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending