The Student Room Group

Diagnostic Radiography or radiotherapy applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 620
Original post by catty khan
heya
yeh the uni is great but i think were moving from perry bar to the egdbaston campus for next year but its not quite confirmed.
this is the first year thier doing interviews, i didnt have to do an interview, thank god.
and the placements are great but they prioritize students who have responsibilities such as kids or care for people.
i have to travel far but you get use to it i suppose.
x

oo is egdbaston better then?
how far are your placements? are they in the city?
and do you like birmingham...? ive never been there before!
Thanks suek for you help earlier.

I now got an invite to a "selection and post application event" on the 5th of jan 10:00am at Hertfordshire. I have to stay there for 5 hours which includes a presentation, but the important bit is the admissions test and group exercise. I was expecting a regular interview from what I saw on ucas track. Then the letter through the post explained all of this. Has anyone done this sort of thing before? Should I still wear a suit? Or will black trousers, a shirt and a v-neck jumper be enough?
Original post by iunno
oo is egdbaston better then?
how far are your placements? are they in the city?
and do you like birmingham...? ive never been there before!

i live in birmingham n i wouldnt change it for the world. well not yet anyway
nope some placemnts can be as far as an hour on the train there all in the midland county doe.
and i dnt no bwt edgbaston, never been thier lool
Original post by kirstylouise79

Original post by kirstylouise79
They were really nice and it was quite informal, they just asked standard questions like why radiography etc.
Good luck!

Everyone said it was informal. But my interview was really grilling and formal :/
Original post by AmeliaLily (:
Everyone said it was informal. But my interview was really grilling and formal :/

How do you think you did? Is Exeter your fave as well?
Reply 625
Original post by AmeliaLily (:

where was this for?
I thought leeds was quite grilling too... it was just question after question after question being shot at me from 2 interviewers.
Reply 626
Original post by catty khan
i live in birmingham n i wouldnt change it for the world. well not yet anyway
nope some placemnts can be as far as an hour on the train there all in the midland county doe.
and i dnt no bwt edgbaston, never been thier lool

thats good to hear! thanks for the advice.. I think i'll be considering BCU for an insurance, ive heard positive feedback from it by everyone i've asked!
Original post by iunno
thats good to hear! thanks for the advice.. I think i'll be considering BCU for an insurance, ive heard positive feedback from it by everyone i've asked!

Where else have you applied to? I know you are wanting to get in at Leeds from some other posts I've seen
Hi there,
I've been lurking on this site for months.
Reading through the posts, I'm sure I've spoken to at least some of you, or at the very least attended some of the same interview dates.
I noticed that a lot of people had problems getting a visit sorted. Thankfully my sister is a diagnostic radiographer, so I asked her to ask her superiors. Heehee. Less than one week later I was in the hospital. :colondollar: :tongue:
I applied for Diagnostic, in very early November, to:

-Leeds (Interviewed the afternoon of 25th Nov)
-Cumbria (Lancaster) (Interviewed 8th of December)
-Exeter (Interviewed this past Thursday 16th Dec)
-Derby (Will be interviewed on the 2nd of Feb)
-Hertfordshire (Not heard anything other than the automated 'we've received the application' email - reeeeally annoying!)

My trusty Vauxhall Corsa and I have really been racking up the miles this past 2 months (Thursday night after the interview was "only" 450 miles to get home, near Glasgow, thankfully beating the snow).

I'm a mature student (with a chemistry degree under my belt) getting increasingly :mad: frustrated with the waiting for the Uni's to get back (especially Hertfordshire!). Unfortunately, Leeds Uni told us that "pressure had been brought to bear upon them" by other (radiography) Uni's to make them send out the responses to those interviewed no sooner than _April_, which must mean that many other Unis only send out in April. :eek:

I felt that:
-Leeds were quite tough interviewers (although they said they'd received a massive increase in applications, so quite understandable);
-Cumbria was fairly formal-ish, but still very friendly; and
-Exeter was surprisingly informal. Exeter was certainly the one I felt most comfortable with.

I'm just wondering if anyone has found UCAS Track to be all that helpful? For the Derby interview, I received notification by email that there was a "change in my status", checked it, and saw "invitation". A few days later a letter came through the door, so that one worked well. I then received a letter from Leeds, with no mention of it on Track at all, then another UCAS email saying I had change re Cumbria. Then email invites from Exeter. That is where it still stands. ie I've had _two_ interviews with places that aren't listed as having changed at all on Track! Is anyone else finding it as useless?

Good luck to all of you out there.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 629
Original post by dreaminchicken
Where else have you applied to? I know you are wanting to get in at Leeds from some other posts I've seen

birmingham, city london, sheffield... ive had an acknowledgment from sheffield and got an interview at city.
how about you? got any offers/interviews yet?
Reply 630
Original post by yaschaeffer
Hi there,
Reading through the posts, I'm sure I've spoken to at least some of you, or at the very least attended some of the same interview dates.
I noticed that a lot of people had problems getting a visit sorted. Thankfully my sister is a diagnostic radiographer, so I asked her to ask her superiors. Heehee. Less than one week later I was in the hospital. :colondollar: :tongue:
I applied for Diagnostic, in very early November, in no particular order, to:

-Exeter (Interviewed this past Thursday 17th Dec)
-Hertfordshire (Not heard anything other than the automated 'we've received the application' email - reeeeally annoying!)

My trusty Vauxhall Corsa and I have really been racking up the miles this past 2 months (Thursday night after the interview was "only" 450 miles to get home, near Glasgow, thankfully beating the snow).

I'm a mature student (with a chemistry degree under my belt) getting increasingly :mad: frustrated with the waiting for the Uni's to get back (especially Hertfordshire!). Unfortunately, Leeds Uni told us that "pressure had been brought to bear upon them" by other (radiography) Uni's to make them send out the responses to those interviewed no sooner than _April_, which must mean that many other Unis only send out in April. :eek:

I felt that:
-Leeds were quite tough interviewers (although they said they'd received a massive increase in applications, so quite understandable);
-Exeter was surprisingly informal. Exeter was certainly the one I felt most comfortable with.

I'm just wondering if anyone has found UCAS Track to be all that helpful? For the Derby interview, I received notification by email that there was a "change in my status", checked it, and saw "invitation". A few days later a letter came through the door, so that one worked well. I then received a letter from Leeds, with no mention of it on Track at all, then another UCAS email saying I had change re Cumbria. Then email invites from Exeter. That is where it still stands. ie I've had _two_ interviews with places that aren't listed as having changed at all on Track! Is anyone else finding it as useless?

yeah track isnt helping me at all. i had an interview at leeds also and been invited to another interview, with no updates on track at all. I wish they were more in-sync with each other!
How well did you think you did at your leeds interview? you were interviewed a couple days after me! I found it tough too, but I think I handled things okay.
Hi there,
I applied for Diagnostic, in very early November, in no particular order, to:

-Exeter (Interviewed this past Thursday 17th Dec)

I felt that:

Hello,

Glad you posted here :-)

Sounds like your UCAS is well under way. I think Track has been quite reliable. So far I've heard from Salford, Derby & Cumbria and for all three I got notifications that there had been a change in the status of my application. I think the only time track took a while to update was when Cumbria invited me to interview.

Have you managed to secure any offers yet? Where are you hoping to go?

Original post by iunno
birmingham, city london, sheffield... ive had an acknowledgment from sheffield and got an interview at city.
how about you? got any offers/interviews yet?

I applied to Bradford, Derby, Cumbria, Salford & BCU. Got an offer from Cumbria which is where I intend to go so I don't plan on going to any other interviews etc now. Only one I haven't heard from is BCU.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 632

I applied to Bradford, Derby, Cumbria, Salford & BCU. Got an offer from Cumbria which is where I intend to go so I don't plan on going to any other interviews etc now. Only one I haven't heard from is BCU.

Wow well done! seems like you're sorted. I hate having to wait... I'm starting to obsess to say the least, I don't understand how you can have universities reply back to you so soon (sometimes within a couple days), but then have universities say that they can't reply to us in 4-5 months time.

I haven't heard from BCU either, but I guess that's not important for your case.
Congratulations!
Original post by iunno
Wow well done! seems like you're sorted. I hate having to wait... I'm starting to obsess to say the least, I don't understand how you can have universities reply back to you so soon (sometimes within a couple days), but then have universities say that they can't reply to us in 4-5 months time.

I haven't heard from BCU either, but I guess that's not important for your case.
Congratulations!

Thanks...I was starting to obsess over it as well and it made me realise even more how much I want to do it so I'm glad it's all sorted. Can enjoy xmas and get back to normal now. Good luck with your interviews, I hope you get into Leeds cos you seem to have your heart set on it :smile:
Reply 634
Thanks...I was starting to obsess over it as well and it made me realise even more how much I want to do it so I'm glad it's all sorted. Can enjoy xmas and get back to normal now. Good luck with your interviews, I hope you get into Leeds cos you seem to have your heart set on it :smile:

Haha thank you! So you noticed.
Yep you're very lucky you can enjoy your Christmas now, without having UCAS on your mind. Thanks for the encouragement!
Hello,

Glad you posted here :-)

Sounds like your UCAS is well under way. I think Track has been quite reliable. So far I've heard from Salford, Derby & Cumbria and for all three I got notifications that there had been a change in the status of my application. I think the only time track took a while to update was when Cumbria invited me to interview.

Have you managed to secure any offers yet? Where are you hoping to go?

No offers as of yet, although Cumbria said about 10 days, so that would possibly be this coming week (although, with xmas, who knows). As for the others, Leeds said wait till April, and Exeter said wait till after xmas.

As for 1st preference, if all goes well, it'll be a 450 mile move south to Exeter.
No offers as of yet, although Cumbria said about 10 days, so that would possibly be this coming week (although, with xmas, who knows). As for the others, Leeds said wait till April, and Exeter said wait till after xmas.

As for 1st preference, if all goes well, it'll be a 450 mile move south to Exeter.

Fingers crossed for Exeter then, good luck :smile:
Original post by karimbilal
Thanks suek for you help earlier.

I now got an invite to a "selection and post application event" on the 5th of jan 10:00am at Hertfordshire. I have to stay there for 5 hours which includes a presentation, but the important bit is the admissions test and group exercise. I was expecting a regular interview from what I saw on ucas track. Then the letter through the post explained all of this. Has anyone done this sort of thing before? Should I still wear a suit? Or will black trousers, a shirt and a v-neck jumper be enough?

Hey.... Ive already attended this in november and been offered a place.
The group excercise is a group interview!
I wore quite smart formal clothes but there was some people there just wearing jeans but its always good to make an effort :smile:
Original post by lollypops1
Hey.... Ive already attended this in november and been offered a place.
The group excercise is a group interview!
I wore quite smart formal clothes but there was some people there just wearing jeans but its always good to make an effort :smile:

Holy moly! A group interview? How is that going to work, like a quiz show? I thought it was going to be a task of some sort.

Thanks a lot for replying. It would be really nice if you could explain in further detail about the group interview :smile:

oh yh, the offer you got, was it conditional, and if so, what are the conditions?

Thanks.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by karimbilal
Holy moly! A group interview? How is that going to work, like a quiz show? I thought it was going to be a task of some sort.

Thanks a lot for replying. It would be really nice if you could explain in further detail about the group interview :smile:

oh yh, the offer you got, was it conditional, and if so, what are the conditions?

Thanks.

I know haha i was expecting an "exercise" like it said but everyone has the oppertunity to speak at the beginning, then different questions are asked and you have to try and speak first to make sure your point isnt taken!

Yes my offer is conditional on 260 points :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest