The Student Room Group

Edinburgh Medical school Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Rejected today. Good luck guys.
One offer already and this is my first rejection so not too heartbroken! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Damn, so many rejections today :s-smilie:

It's terrifying especially seeing some of the stats on here :frown: Competition was insane! I feel lucky to still be in :redface:
(edited 10 years ago)
[video="youtube;XZGwHtGBZJU"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZGwHtGBZJU[/video]

seems rather appropriate :tongue:
Rejected as well along with a couple of my friends! Didn't even get waitlisted or anything oh wells :smile: 3 more to go

I e-mailed them by the way:
17 places 100% fixed
34 offers
There is a waitlist for internationals

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1624
Rejected :frown: Edinburgh was my more risky choice. Never actually thought I would get this far! I wish all of you still in the game luck and hopefully all us rejects will get a place somewhere else too!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Rejected.
10 A*s GCSE
AAA at As and A in maths a level a year early
Predicted A*A*A
Ukcat 783
Sjt band 2
Good luck to everyone left!
Original post by gryffindorgal
Sorry to hear about all these rejections :frown: hope your other choices go ok
Do you mind me asking what time you got the email?

Hi guys, got my rejection too today- was expecting it but still gutted! Email came through from UCAS track at 1.45pm and Edinburgh email at 4pm. Good luck to everyone still waiting, you guys have a really good chance at an offer now!

(Scottish applicant by the way)
Reply 1627
Rejected earlier. Damn

Posted from TSR Mobile
Also, has anyone NOT been given the offer of applying to other courses? I didn't even get a direct email from the uni, only EUCLID and UCAS.
Original post by peanutbutter18
Hi guys, got my rejection too today- was expecting it but still gutted! Email came through from UCAS track at 1.45pm and Edinburgh email at 4pm. Good luck to everyone still waiting, you guys have a really good chance at an offer now!

(Scottish applicant by the way)

Sorry to hear that - hope your other options go well for you!

Do you mind if I ask your stats? Other Scottish applicants seem to be few and far between so it'd be nice to know where we are in the process :smile:
Original post by Sparticon
Sorry to hear that - hope your other options go well for you!

Do you mind if I ask your stats? Other Scottish applicants seem to be few and far between so it'd be nice to know where we are in the process :smile:

The answer is ****ing close to the end :tongue:

There were only 700-800 people left last week, and it seems like that figure has been slashed today. Really wouldn't be surprised to see offers start coming in the next few days, perhaps even tomorrow!
Original post by Dr. Django
The answer is ****ing close to the end :tongue:

There were only 700-800 people left last week, and it seems like that figure has been slashed today. Really wouldn't be surprised to see offers start coming in the next few days, perhaps even tomorrow!

Hope so! This is so nerve wracking - I'm so unproductive atm because I'm just constantly checking emails/TSR/twitter haha! :smile:
Also, has anyone NOT been given the offer of applying to other courses? I didn't even get a direct email from the uni, only EUCLID and UCAS.

I got rejected on Thursday and didn't get a direct email from the uni. I also didn't get offered another course. I'm a Scottish applicant too.
Reply 1633
Rejected today, got notified by UCAS at 1:20 and by Edinburgh at 2:20.

GCSE: 9A* 2A
AS: AAAA
A2 Predicted: A*A(*)A (not sure about one)
UKCAT: 840
SJT: Band 1
Sure thang, I know, I starting to hate any stats that include GSCEs, so difficult to interpret!

SGs/Int2s- 61s, 2As
Highers- 6A1s
AH- Predicted 3As+ A at Higher
UKCAT- 725
SJT- BAnd 2

ECS- Around a year and a half in care home, three weeks in general hospital, 1 week in paediatric hospital, 6 months working in GP surgery, 1 week in community paediatrics. Autism class help. Play hockey, netball and ski for school, sailing club. Also in out of school hockey and athletics clubs. Play flute and guitar, in choir and take orchestra class for younger kids. Gold DofE and School Prefect and tutor younger years. Prizes for general excellence, french and english and national award for being top in Higher french in Scotland.

Suspect it was a combo of my UKCAT and ECs. Good luck!

Wow looking at your stats is quite scary I'm a scottish applicant as well and your ECs and academics are better than mine, UKCAT the same but STJ I got band 1, if you got rejected what hope is there:s-smilie:
rejected.

11A*'s 2.5 A's
4A* predictions
777.5 ukcat band 2 sjt
work expo at care home 1 week, hospice 1 year, mencap centre 1 year, disabled school 2 years, A+e and cardiology 3 days.
play in local originals band 10 years + of sport. lectures and books also
Original post by jedimindtricks
Wow looking at your stats is quite scary I'm a scottish applicant as well and your ECs and academics are better than mine, UKCAT the same but STJ I got band 1, if you got rejected what hope is there:s-smilie:

Aw no don't give up hope! A better band UKCAT makes a huge difference and they may have just not liked my personal statement. If you've got this far you have a great chance at an offer!

I also just realise how ridiculous I sound listing all my petty ECs, just thought it might be helpful for others to compare themselves against.
Aw no don't give up hope! A better band UKCAT makes a huge difference and they may have just not liked my personal statement. If you've got this far you have a great chance at an offer!

I also just realise how ridiculous I sound listing all my petty ECs, just thought it might be helpful for others to compare themselves against.

Thanks this has cheered me up, its just so frustrating waiting for a decision and hearing about people getting rejected.
Your ECs aren't petty they are actually quite good and have helped me get a better idea of where I stand.
Reply 1638
Rejected today
Gcses: 9a*s 1a
Ukcat: 790, SJT band 2
Predicted 3A*s
As: 4As (av ums 95)
Loads of EC/work experience
On the bright side I have my other 3 offers and Edinburgh wasn't my first choice :smile:
Good luck everyone else

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Medicguy
Rejected today
Gcses: 9a*s 1a
Ukcat: 790, SJT band 2
Predicted 3A*s
As: 4As (av ums 95)
Loads of EC/work experience
On the bright side I have my other 3 offers and Edinburgh wasn't my first choice :smile:
Good luck everyone else

Posted from TSR Mobile

Its stats like yours that get rejections that make me wonder if the unis do contact eachother so they aren't offering the same people.

I know its probably just a myth but sometimes you just don't know

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending